SnowTech Editorial Scary Snowmobiling Future

pclark

Here in Wisco...219,000+ registered snowmobiles...41,000 club members...Doesn't seem like the "join a club...Save $10.00 " program is working...
If that is your (I am not referencing you in particular) reason for joining a club I would say don't bother. Clubs are looking for people to come and get involved however you may fit in. There are plenty of things to do, I mentioned them in an earlier post.

mrbb

No snow riders don’t buy trail permits that’s a known fact.
not really, a lot of snowmobiler's buy there club member ships and trail permits long before snow is even expected to fall
so even in yrs of NO to LOW snow conditions, a lot of riders have bought permits and passes!
I know in like 2017 or so, one of the clubs I am a part of sold over 1,000 passes, and the snow never came to open the trails even once the whole winter, never opened at all that yr!
and following yr, we sold even more permits before the snow fell, as an example!, it seemed folks were even more confident snow would fall, as in 25+ plus yrs, it was only ONCE they didn;t open! HAHA< sadly, that yr trails were only open for about 10 days the whole season, been a bunch of bad seasons since then to be honest, but we still sell as many or more permits/passes every yr!

whitedust

not really, a lot of snowmobiler's buy there club member ships and trail permits long before snow is even expected to fall
so even in yrs of NO to LOW snow conditions, a lot of riders have bought permits and passes!
I know in like 2017 or so, one of the clubs I am a part of sold over 1,000 passes, and the snow never came to open the trails even once the whole winter, never opened at all that yr!
and following yr, we sold even more permits before the snow fell, as an example!, it seemed folks were even more confident snow would fall, as in 25+ plus yrs, it was only ONCE they didn;t open! HAHA< sadly, that yr trails were only open for about 10 days the whole season, been a bunch of bad seasons since then to be honest, but we still sell as many or more permits/passes every yr!
WI has a diverse climate and riders in the south usually don’t buy trail permits until it snows. All of it is done online and you can ride on paper until sticker arrives. Up north it’s different you know it will snow sooner or later so no return to hold out. UP is the same but more convenient you can purchase a permit at a gas station or restaurant or online and always snows.

mrbb

WI has a diverse climate and riders in the south usually don’t buy trail permits until it snows. All of it is done online and you can ride on paper until sticker arrives. Up north it’s different you know it will snow sooner or later so no return to hold out. UP is the same but more convenient you can purchase a permit at a gas station or restaurant or online and always snows.
yeah I get the fact many will wait for snow , or even trails to be open and good, before buying, but most I know any how don't

add in,many clubs or some I know of , offer early pricing if you buy early, which will save a few bucks, so many take advantage of that savings, with hopes of snow to fall!

and I also, know many state registration renewal's will include a offer for club membership, which happens before snow falls
and gather a lot of folks use that savings as well, thus buying before snow falls!, if for no other reason, than convince too, as, I am sure some of use here , our memories ain;t as great as they used to be, so when you get that renal for registration or clubs membership, you just send it out then, so not to forget later on , HAHA!~
but I do get your point, some wait for good snow before spending money!@

whitedust

yeah I get the fact many will wait for snow , or even trails to be open and good, before buying, but most I know any how don't

add in,many clubs or some I know of , offer early pricing if you buy early, which will save a few bucks, so many take advantage of that savings, with hopes of snow to fall!

and I also, know many state registration renewal's will include a offer for club membership, which happens before snow falls
and gather a lot of folks use that savings as well, thus buying before snow falls!, if for no other reason, than convince too, as, I am sure some of use here , our memories ain;t as great as they used to be, so when you get that renal for registration or clubs membership, you just send it out then, so not to forget later on , HAHA!~
but I do get your point, some wait for good snow before spending money!@
That’s a great idea to discount for early purchase I like that. WI doesn’t do that or any clubs I know but excellent idea.