Snowy Mountain Lodge - No sale at auction

skeedoo

Just an FYI... Snowy Mountain Lodge was up for auction a week or so ago and did not sell. The current owners apparently bid it up to what they wanted out of it, around $600,000 but nobody wanted to bid over that for it. Lots of people looking but no takers. It will be closed again for this season until someone comes in with the money and takes it over - anyone have a spare 600 g's lying around? I know someone that will guide for ya this winter, me!!

lookin4snow

Dave must be willing to just sit on it and not operate it. The place needed work before it was shut down, I can only imagine what shape it is in now.

RevKev

Yup, one and the Same. We stayed in one of the cabins several years ago, the lodge and cabins needed work then......

sledheadM6

Sml

How much work are we talking about?I got 2 buddys that want to cash in there 401k and buy a place out west and have it open for 4 seasons.I heard alot of people on snowest saying the place is awesome location and not to bad of a place to stay if you like rugged mt living but the owners were bad and thats why they lost the place.Lot of people saying they would go back as long as it had new management?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be more than happy to make several "guest" appearances a year to try and help bring some folks in! ;)

It's been quite a few years since I drove the old "Pumpkin Vine" up from Ft. Collins.

-John

fireman35

when we were up last year that joint needs another new roof cause its shot, the walls were leaking through them because of the snow and ice built up that nobody was removing? they had connie living in there last year also keeping an eye on the place she has since move out and no one is up keeping the place. it would need so much work and if you think it would be fun to run that joint you would have to be crazy to put yourself and family through what would it takes to keep that joint running right...... those that like riding dont plan on doing any if you are the owner trying to run this joint, you should be able to put on some serious miles lets say some where around the end of May. then you can start repairs on the place and have it ready for the next yr. From my understanding the hardest part about the place is trying to keep good help, there isnt a big worker pool to pull from. jmo but if some of ya make a go of it good luck and would definitely like to to see it open again. much easier to get fuel and food on the mountain.

sledheadM6

Sounds like the place needs a whole new remod.I think we would have enough people to run the place with the 3 familys that would go in on the place and still have time to ride but really do not want to dump a ton of money into the place to get her going but I am still going to look into it and run some numbers.We are also looking into the Soda Butte in cook city but they want 2.2 million so that might be alittle rich fo our blood.

John,If this happens you can stay for free and aslong as u want.

peaks

I noticed last year that you were looking for a mountain lodge and referenced a lodge that was on auction. A lodge in the mountains of Arizona at 8500 ft, is going to auction February 21st. Look at http://www.peaksaz.com for the operating lodge web site or go to http://www.auction.com and click on the hotels for the Feb. 21st auction. I know that the owners are motivated and this is a once in a lifetime property for sale. The name of the lodge is Amberian Peaks Lodge and Restaurant in Greer, Arizona.