So Where Do We Go From Here?

slimcake

I just went and watched the end of the March 30th Snow Church on Nora's recommendation. Got say it got awfully dusty in here... A summary of how we should all try to act. Glass was always half full for John even with all the challenges thrown his way. I will try to learn from this. We all should. Gone way to soon.

winterwarlock

Like most of you I looked forward to logging in every morning, especially during the winter months, to get an update on the riding conditions and snow forecast, Johns journal, Snow Church, etc. But there was always something else that I always looked forward to on here and that was to see what everyone was up to or talking about, where were they going to ride that weekend or who had a good joke to tell. This site and the people on it become part of your life whether you poked your head in occasionally or you visited every day since the beginning. There are good people on this site and good friends, all because of a very good man, John Dee. I never had an opportunity to meet John Dee personally and have never met most of you, but I feel like I know a lot of you from this site and John bringing us all together. I always thought it would be fun to have a JD get together during the winter months where as many people as possible from this site could meet at a central area and location (Cable/Hayward area seems fairly central) for a weekend and ride together, meet for dinner, raise a glass and just hang out like we do on here, only we do it in person. Do it in honor of John and the amazing culture and community he created. Thoughts?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
the one thing I would ask at this time is please know this is a sensitive matter with raw emotions.
Talking about weather guys that are good and comparing to John is just not something I want on this discussion board at this time.
Private message or reach out privately.
Thank you for understanding.

mezz

I whole heartedly agree. IMO, there is no comparison. John had a special interest in this areas winter weather patterns & a knack for being spot on more often than not. If someone wants a weather forecast, then other sources are available at our disposal, there is no need to attempt to try to weave one in here, especially at this point and time. Over and above the weather, this site has its unique qualities & that includes its members & visitors to the forum.

hermie

Speaking of Jihndee.com gear and stickers will this still be available? I have been meaning to get the sticker for my truck and trailer for a while now but really would like to get them now

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of Jihndee.com gear and stickers will this still be available? I have been meaning to get the sticker for my truck and trailer for a while now but really would like to get them now
They were still available up until recently. It'll be awhile until they get everything sorted out.

old abe

John created a true monster, with that I mean a huge following. Selfishly, I, like others, hope this site continues, mostly as part of John's legacy but also for the fact that many of us have met each other here and shared stories, rides, life, garages!, etc. These are certainly trying times for the family and it is their decision, whatever happens, I consider it a priviledge to have gotten to know a lot of people here and hope we will continue for the years to come. It is the only social media site that I utilize and don't care to use any other site to be real honest with you.
Well said!