So Where's All this LES I'm Hearing about?

dekx

Im hoping it comes, were heading up to the Keeeeeeeewenaw but forecats lately have been a bust

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It was a pretty quiet weekend, snowmobiler wise up here. We have picked up around 10" new since the LES started Saturday afternoon. I would say anywhere from 8-12" have fallen so far from Twin Lakes north to Copper Harbor. Two days down and 4 more to go with this current snow cycle.

Take a look at the spool in the woods cam, starting to pile up!

-John

snipes517

there is a big hockey tournament in houghton this weekend as well though, may not be all snowmachiners, but ill be up there riding!!!!! lol

1fujifilm

Have a feeling that's about to change, I know Ramada's booked for coming weekend.

I am at Ramada right now and yes hockey this weekend so booked.
Tonight though we may get 5-7 LES and there are rooms open, only 30 sleds in the lot; yahoo.
Bear

eagle1

there is a big hockey tournament in houghton this weekend as well though, may not be all snowmachiners, but ill be up there riding!!!!! lol

Good, maybe there will still be room in lot for my trailer when I get there then. lol

catalac

I am at Ramada right now and yes hockey this weekend so booked.
Tonight though we may get 5-7 LES and there are rooms open, only 30 sleds in the lot; yahoo.
Bear

1fujifilm, I was planning to come up but have to work on my tractor and do some plumbing. Maybe next time.

1fujifilm

Good, maybe there will still be room in lot for my trailer when I get there then. lol

Should be, lots of backpackers like me in the bar. Oops, restaurant I mean.
Bear

- - - Updated - - -

1fujifilm, I was planning to come up but have to work on my tractor and do some plumbing. Maybe next time.

No harm, I PM'ED you my phone call me when you plan to go back up weekdays.
Bear

mjkaliszak

Well most of all the LES predictions down this way SWL have been a bust, we did get 4-5" overnight but I can't imagine any of the trail systems even being groomed as of this morning.... Other than running some corn fields to test out the machines I'm heading north.... unless we get another dump ... by some miracle. And even if we do ..... I'm still heading north.

Well most of all the LES predictions down this way SWL have been a bust, we did get 4-5" overnight but I can't imagine any of the trail systems even being groomed as of this morning.... Other than running some corn fields to test out the machines I'm heading north.... unless we get another dump ... by some miracle. And even if we do ..... I'm still heading north.
The busts this year have been unreal in the lower corner and Indiana.