SO

snoden

Not much more to say PD....crap year. Already moved our first trip (this past week) to the last week in January and its not looking good either.

bonnevier

I was thinking about it this morning...maybe Mother Nature is leaving these mild temps and unusual weather pattern in place until the MI Gov lifts the dining restrictions?

After all, if we can’t be inside at our favorite MI dining establishments we don’t want to stand outside at -5 with the wind howling

euphoric1

didn't it come a little late last year as well? nothing like this one though, does anyone remember a year like this? and how or when it ended up coming around? I miss the winters we used to have here in SE Wi but I put no faith in it here anymore. Very unfortunate for the north woods, maybe instead of mother nature waiting for her to ease restrictions maybe she figured out how to shut the snow machine off. Wonder too if it has anything to do with all the wild fires we had this year? atmospheric change as result of? who knows but hopefully a change coming SOON!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Euphoric, I've kept a Snowmobile Journal for the last 10 years or so recording rides, conditions, etc. The following was my entry almost a year to the day.

First Snow Flurries in October, very cold during November, & No Snow at Christmas. As of New Years there is 2 – 3 inches of snow in Neenah and that probably won’t last. Temps in the 30’s and 40’s each day. Lots of snow up north but the warm temps have flooded the swamps and low areas and most counties are closed for snowmobiling. Locally, most of the trails have not been marked as there is still corn in the fields as it was too wet this fall to harvest.
January 18th Last night’s snowfall totaled 6”, about 8” total on the ground in Neenah. Looks like we’ll be traveling if we want to ride anytime soon.

Granted, this is in east central Wisconsin, not known for it's snow accumulation. Looking back 10 years, we had 3 years that allowed for local riding; 2012, 2013, & 2017. A couple more were even marginal in northern Wisconsin. So yeah, this is more of the norm we've come to expect.

euphoric1

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on winter down here even though for 4 months I rely on it, winter or should I say a real winter is a thing of the past, now we kill it during the 8 growing months and literally go broke by the end of the other 4, oh well but for the north woods they have to be shaking their heads thinking ***??!!

D

Deleted member 10829

Very disappointing year for sure PD! We got lucky and had to schedule our annual early January trip for late February this year. They will have better snow by then, right? I can't wait to be on the trails!

whitedust

My scheduled 3 1 week trips look like 1 1 week trip provided UP and Vilas get some decent snow. Maybe I can get 2 trips in but low snow and solar angles start working against us in February. It’s all down to snow conditions I adjusted to all Covid restrictions.

euphoric1

Not heading up until feb 13th - 19th hoping things will change by then but so far weather has been a rollercoaster everywhere. looking forward to some trail time!

BigSix

I have contacted Amazon Returns and am shipping this La Nina winter back. I will take ANYTHING else in its place!

snobuilder

First 2 planned 4 day weekends will go down as a bust.
Made the best of it and continuing to put the finishing touches on the snomogradge

snobuilder

snobuilder, Where have you been? was beginning to wonder if the C**** monster got you

Sobriety sucks.
I don't even feel much like messing with ppl anymore.
Not sure how you ppl do it.
I'm sure I will bounce back at some point.
As I said all along....
Covid is an overblown shi!show.

slimcake

Boy I would love to throw the gauntlet at ya snobuilder but as mother told me if ya can't say anything nice.... Happy you are sober. Don't know the specifics as to why. I wondered where your **** slinging had been. Good to hear from ya even if I think you are an *******!! :cool2:

euphoric1

Sobriety sucks.
As I said all along....

snobuilder, no matter the reason I'm glad you are back, I am also glad to hear for whatever reason you made the choice to be sober, definitely not a bad decision to make for many reasons, and no matter what people may think of you or your opinions, we are all our own selves, right or wrong this is who we are. Im glad to see you back

matti

Sobriety sucks.
As I said all along....

snobuilder, I wish you the best with your sobriety. How long have you been sober, if you don't mind me asking? April 1 will be my three-year anniversary without a single drink. It was hard at first, but well worth it.