Sometimes You Have to Wonder....

skiroule

about the thought process.

So I’m at the Save Big Money store today shopping for a toilet and I come across a manufacturer that sells a toilet model called the “Michigan”.

Is that really the best name they could come up with for a crapper model? Given the potential for obvious jokes, it seemed odd to me. It would have been interesting to witness that corporate think tank session.

Who knows, maybe it will be a big seller and the line will be expanded to include the “Minnesota”.

frnash

… So I’m at the Save Big Money store today shopping for a toilet and I come across a manufacturer that sells a toilet model called the “Michigan”.

Is that really the best name they could come up with for a crapper model? Given the potential for obvious jokes, it seemed odd to me. …
I dunno about the "Michigan", although I might have expected the "Yooper", modeled after some of the "Classics" at the annual (click →) "Trenary Outhouse Classic". :rolleyes:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to Wikipedia, the name Michigan is the French form of the Ojibwa word mishigama, meaning "large water" or "large lake". Apparently this is the extra large capacity model for those that take their time on the throne seriously.