Son, Sailor gets married

L

lenny

Daniel got married last weekend, has a wonderful wife now. They saved themselves for each other which is unheard of these days. My wife and I have been praying since Dan was a baby, that if it were God's will for him to marry that he would provide to Dan and his wife (Julie),,, each other and last sat was the big day for them. He is in the Navy now and will probably be out to sea for extended periods so they figured now is the time and we were 100% behind them. Looking forward to seeing them this afternoon as they are returning from honeymoon and will stay at the "Old Town Hall" till he flies out next wed to Norfolk to get o the USS Harry Truman. Man is that ship a big boat, 6000 men, 4.5 acre flight deck and nuke powered

Attachments

• dan wedding 014.jpg
    dan wedding 014.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 183
  • dan wedding 012.jpg
    dan wedding 012.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 138
  • dan wedding 015.jpg
    dan wedding 015.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 164
  • dan wedding 035.jpg
    dan wedding 035.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 150
  • dan wedding 001.jpg
    dan wedding 001.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 136
Daniel got married last weekend, has a wonderful wife now. They saved themselves for each other which is unheard of these days. My wife and I have been praying since Dan was a baby, that if it were God's will for him to marry that he would provide to Dan and his wife (Julie),,, each other and last sat was the big day for them. He is in the Navy now and will probably be out to sea for extended periods so they figured now is the time and we were 100% behind them. Looking forward to seeing them this afternoon as they are returning from honeymoon and will stay at the "Old Town Hall" till he flies out next wed to Norfolk to get o the USS Harry Truman. Man is that ship a big boat, 6000 men & women , 4.5 acre flight deck and nuke powered

Congratulations to you, Lenny and of course your son, Daniel too. Not only on the special nuptials but on choosing a very admirable profession. Let him know this can be a great experience if he wants it to be and it doesn't have to be a four year stint.

AOC.jpg ← My brother who just made Chief this last fall. He has been in the NAVY for almost 12 years and loves it. He is stationed on the CVN-76, USS Ronald Reagan. He also was aboard the USS Carl Vinson, CVN-70 the day we started deploying munitions on Baghdad.

What is Daniel's rating? Just curious. My bro is an Aviation Ordnancemen Chief.

Again, congratulations!

D

Deleted member 10829

I saw the title to this thread and knew it had to be your son Lenny! Congrats to the bride and groom and to you and Di. You should be very proud. I can really see you in his face and Di too with his dark complexion. May God bless their marriage!

I like the last pic, it even has the Max in it! ;)

russholio

Congrats to you, your wife, your son and his bride.....and as always, a big thank you to him for serving!

L

lenny

Congratulations to you, Lenny and of course your son, Daniel too. Not only on the special nuptials but on choosing a very admirable profession. Let him know this can be a great experience if he wants it to be and it doesn't have to be a four year stint.

View attachment 32262 ← My brother who just made Chief this last fall. He has been in the NAVY for almost 12 years and loves it. He is stationed on the CVN-76, USS Ronald Reagan. He also was aboard the USS Carl Vinson, CVN-70 the day we started deploying munitions on Baghdad.

What is Daniel's rating? Just curious. My bro is an Aviation Ordnancemen Chief.

Again, congratulations!

Daniel has been in now for just over 5 months. He completed basic training and all his schooling. Next he is gonna be on the ship. He is still a E1 and his title is AO (aviation Ordnancemen.) I believe he will be an E2 in 3 months.

Thanks everyone, your comments are greatly appreciated!

L

lenny

look how much snow we lost since last sat when Daniel came home

Attachments

• snow loss 001.jpg
    snow loss 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 41
  • dan wedding 001.jpg
    dan wedding 001.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 33

jeepbob47

Congratulations!! Lenny I grew up by Great Lakes Naval Base. Its a special place that turn out special Sailors. As a side note my Aunt Elenore was Admiral Rickovers' second wife after the first one passed away. Admiral Rickover is known as "The Father of the Nuclear Navy" . My Aunt is a retired Naval Nurse. Very special people!!

MZEMS2

Congrats to all!!! good lookin couple. Now, what's the scoop with the christmas garland still around the door???? Or is that St Pat's Day garland?...hehehe.

switch07

Congats to you Lenny, and your family. You can be proud of the fine young man you raised. Now comes the fun part, the oportunity for grandchildren. As I mentioned to you before, my daughter Kristin found her soul mate while stationed at Norfolk. They are now both stationed in San Diego serving our country and raising my grandson. Ahh yes, life is good............Congrats again bud.

L

lenny

Congrats to all!!! good lookin couple. Now, what's the scoop with the christmas garland still around the door???? Or is that St Pat's Day garland?...hehehe.

it's gone in the comparison pic, wifey took it down a few days ago

D

Deleted member 10829

I thought the picture with your son was from the last couple of days, but wow, what a difference.

D

Deleted member 10829

Was the wedding in town Lenny? Was this his high school sweetheart or did he meet her at the Great Lakes Naval Base? They sure look happy! :)

mrsrunningbear

Awww just Beautiful!! How happy they look!! Congratulations to you and DI and to Daniel and Julie! Our wishes go out to them for a truly blessed and wonderful marriage. Thank you so much for sharing this special event in you life with us! Congrats again