Soooo how was your Christmas?

slimcake

Our traditional Christmas eve get together with prime rib and crab went real good. I made the prime rib on my Traeger smoker. IMG_20201224_190559492.jpg It got a touch over cooked for my liking but there were no complaints. Yesterday was pretty low key. Wife went to work and I cleaned my garage. Still haven't made it to Pat's to get my Christmas present to myself. One week to go until new VR1 time!!! -4331644235545238894.jpg Oh how about that shirt that my brother is wearing eh??... LOL

euphoric1

we also had a traditional christmas eve our family got together, each couple brings 2 appetizers so there is always a ton of food and instead of sitting down to eat we just graze all day, My sister and I are avid bakers so there is also a ton of sweets and cookies. I purchased a 22" weber smoker and smoked my first fish in probably in atleast 10 years and It turned out very well! My wifes parents are a little uneasy about gatherings yet, which we have to honor so we did out gift and cookie exchange at my shop on the 23rd, wished it could have been different but have to honor their wishes. My two grandchildren were unable to attend which was a real bummer as there is nothing better than watching small children open their gifts, being santa is way more fun that being on the receiving end IMO. Christmas was very nice. Like the shirt slim I have a snowman sweater that has the carrot and 2 blue balls hanging where they belong ( trying to be family friendly on description) It was funny as my sister and brother in laws dog was always biting on the carrot

xcr440

Our Christmas as a little different as my sister and b-in-law had the Covid a while back so my 79 yo mom was a little SKART yet so we played the safe card for her. But my kids I used to have still came over, then we visited with my mom from the foyer for a few minutes and then got them out on the snow for some ripping around the field on the sleds.
58F4BF6D-9D64-4329-AA72-59F2C0FD3F8F.jpg
63683C9F-B282-4E11-A82D-993B6F82D938.jpg
We had a non-traditional Taco bar dinner and watched some football (Kids are still into it no matter, in fact my daughter is friends with most of the linebackers on the Vikings). I really enjoyed having them together as we spent most of the time chatting about what their plans are. All in all a really great day!

buddah2

We had a Christmas that was good & bad...the good was the prime rib I fixed with shrimp cocktail preceding it...the bad was I didn't get what I REALLY wanted for Christmas...Nancy Pelosi & Gretchen Whitmer are both still breathing

katden4

Mine was different for sure, but we made the best of it and had a great time. 2020 has been very challenging for everyone, but I have so much to be thankful for.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
We had one Xmas last Sunday on my in laws side, prime rib was the main course. The food, beer and laughter were flowing like usual. Spent Christmas Eve at my moms, again, an awesome time spent with family! Now, I'm in da yoop, just put 26 miles on the new RMK, and I'm going to take a rip on the Apex next. A great Christmas for sure. Guess what? ZERO talk of covid at either Xmas festivities!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a different Christmas for me/us. First year ever that we didn't travel to visit family and in-laws. But honestly, now that the folks are gone the dynamics are different and from now on we'll be "breaking trail" for future Christmas'. We joined some family but a smaller group than usual to open presents. We had prime rib & shrimp cocktail for dinner and watched some football. And last but not least, I got that Red Ryder BB Gun I've been asking for.

bonnevier

Much different... my mom went into the hospital on Monday so was/am back in forth between there and home. Had to go thru the tough hospice discussions that we knew were coming but hoping to hold out as long as we could. Should be getting her home tonight though.

Hug them a little tighter and longer!

whitedust

Much different... my mom went into the hospital on Monday so was/am back in forth between there and home. Had to go thru the tough hospice discussions that we knew were coming but hoping to hold out as long as we could. Should be getting her home tonight though.

Hug them a little tighter and longer!
Yep got a riding bud going thru exact same thing with his Mom so you’re not alone. My parents have been long gone so I keep telling my kids I see no good reason to act my age. Lol. Circle of life grandbabies come in and us old farts exit. Unfortunately I know all too well probably 20 years at most left for me but I’m beginning to come to terms with it. It’s a funny feeling to know and accept this is the twilight but no escaping it so is somewhat peaceful to comes to terms with reality and just play it out.

kip

Absolutely bonnevier. I know that feeling all too well. I wish you many good memories while it lasts!