Southern Adams County ,Wi 12/28/08

ridesafe

It was a blessing to see the 3.5" of fresh snow this morning...Adams county trails were open so I thought I'd venture out and check the damage from the warm temps and rain.. I was pleasantly surprised!! For the most part the trails were in pretty good condition..some sections I would say were in Great Condition, especially thru the woods. Downfall.. some sections were kinda rutted up and frozen..also some slush but most you could go around.

Didn't do a big ride today. Left the house took the southern adams co trail down to the corner pump then north to adams,grand marsh and back home. I did stop and check out a bluff I've been riding past for years..probably not the best time of year to climb the dang thing,but once I got to the top it was well worth the view...

the trail out from the yard..
a little corn in the way this year..
93940.jpg

the alternate route.. and one of my play areas in the background..
happy.gif

93941.jpg

on the way to the main trail.
I hope they never cut this tree line down
93942.jpg

at the main trail...
93943.jpg

this is more like it..
93944.jpg

Who said it was 45 and raining yesterday??
93945.jpg

Cougar tracks!!!
93946.jpg

Cougar sighting!!!
93947.jpg

Cougar country...literally.. it wouldn't surprise me if one was spotted out here..
93948.jpg

more to come...

ridesafe

Ok now that I made it to the bluff it was time to do some exploring..and take a few pictures

Found one spot I could climb up right away..till I got about 1/3 way and was denied! So I snapped these 2 shots..
93967.jpg

93968.jpg

I really wanted up to the top of this bluff and this was the way up..it was rather scary at moments..but I made it.
93969.jpg

At the top!! looking west...the pic don't do any justus but the view up there was spectacular!
I wanted to stick a flag in the snow!
happy.gif

93970.jpg

going over to the east side of bluff
93971.jpg

a view to the south east
93972.jpg

after finding a different place to get back down..this is along the west edge of the bluff
93973.jpg

this is looking out of a huge cave I came across..
93974.jpg

at the bottom of cliffs on the western side
93975.jpg

93976.jpg

93977.jpg

doospunk

Neat pics Erik. Looks like you've got some good scenery in your neck of the woods! How many miles are on that ol boy now? (Cougar)

ridesafe

Well Kris..I had to go look..The ol Cougar has 10,510 on it.
happy.gif

I tell ya.. it took about an hour to get used to riding it again.. after being on the M6, It felt like I was sitting on the ground or something..lol!!

79_srx

Ridesafe, I found your bluff spot! I took your flag down and put up mine!It wasn't hard to find your tracks(the only one up there)Thats alot of trees lost in the fire

ridesafe

lol..I'll let er fly..
Actually all those trees were lost from a tornado 4-5 yrs ago.. it was a twisted mess. they harvested what they could and control burned that whole area. From Hwy 13 you can see still see a distinct path up and over those bluffs where that tornado went.

Looking west at those other bluffs I see they put up a new fire tower. the old one blew down.

Here's a pic of it. I was up there last spring.
95222.jpg

Didn't realize what I was seeing at the time..its the same bluff
95223.jpg