Southern Mn Campgrounds

Just picked up a 2010 Wolf Pup and looking forward to camping in So. Mn. Boys are 9 and 7. Any can't miss campgrounds?
Told the wife at least one weekend a month. Thanks.

kbuchan

Where in southern MN. I am near Blue Earth we love to go to Okoboji. Also Preston to the old barn resort.

Happy Time in lake mills ia. Bout 15 give or take miles from Albert lea. Never stayed there but visited friends there. Looks like a nice place. Has a swimming area and bar. I'm sure it has other things but that's just what I observed. Also hickory hills in twin lakes mn. Has a pool and playground.

D

Deleted member 10829

Blue Mounds State Park in Luverne has been listed on Minnesota's top 10 state campgrounds.

kbuchan

Hickery hills is nice. Just check weather first. we were there during a tornado. they spotted one not far from there.

Just spent Sat, Sun and Mon nights at Kamp Dells in Waterville. Great campground with a ton for kids to do from pool and waterpark, kids zoo, fishing pond stocked and can rent a boat or pontoon on Lake Saktatah. $55 weekdays and $70 per on weekends. we were glad to see the camper parade leave on Sunday. Going to Lanesboro in two weeks.

rocky367

Personally any of the state parks are where I'd head. But, it depends on what you want for an experience. I've heard great things about the campground in Lanesboro.