Springs or torsion for an in-line trailer

legend02

Looking at used inline trailers was going to buy one yesterday but it had springs not torsion bars .

What’s everyone’s opinion on this

bearrassler

Torsion give a smoother ride but spring are more durable, cheaper to repair.

In our area we sell a lot of trailers that work for both sleds and UTV's so they need extra height, we get a lot of wind and with the extra height and the torsion axles the trailers sway more with a cross wind unless you do a spread axle option, and hitch height is more critical with torsion axles. I would not be afraid of leaf springs at all.

lofsfire

I have towed with both, I prefer the torsion. I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Sport Crew Cab short bed. The Leaf trailer I pulled was a NEO 27"ish x 7' (A friend's) Mine is an R&R PSD2275 (22' box 5'V=27'x7.5') I'm glad I went with the torsion springs! I run an Anderson weight distribution hitch on my trailer when fully loaded. It will manage sway. For short trips, I do not use the WD. Either way, I think it is a better ride.

lofsfire

As long as you're happy with it it really doesn't matter what you ended up with. Enjoy the new trailer. Now comes all the decisions on how to protect the floor... I have the caliber ski guides down I've been really happy with them for the most part. In fact they just put more down this weekend. I have another post going on here right now where I was trying to find an old version of calibers wide wide ski guides to match what I already had down.

I think I may have found some to finish off an area that I need to match up I should know for sure next week. But I still had more to put down so I did order some of the new style. I have to say the changes they made seem to be for the better. The way they attached to the floor looks the same but they're just a little different. And seem to grab a plastic just a little better without expanding it. The new design for the low pro without the grips. Has a bit of grip too. Just by its design but is not overly knobby.

I bought my trailer used and the guy before me had used porch paint. It didn't look too bad and to go to spruce up I repainted it the year I bought it. Since I still had some exposed in the trailer those areas were getting scratched up and just general signs of use which is why I started this project again. I would not recommend the paint.

There's a few other guys on here that looked into another system I was considering. Which are those race deck flooring squares that are vented. I was on the verge of actually changing everything over to that. But ultimately that would have meant pulling up everything I already had down and a lot more money.

I know other guys have used rhino lining some have been very happy with it others not as much. It can be slippery. And it's definitely expensive.

Again good luck and enjoy!

dfattack

As long as you're happy with it it really doesn't matter what you ended up with. Enjoy the new trailer. Now comes all the decisions on how to protect the floor... I have the caliber ski guides down I've been really happy with them for the most part. In fact they just put more down this weekend. I have another post going on here right now where I was trying to find an old version of calibers wide wide ski guides to match what I already had down.

I think I may have found some to finish off an area that I need to match up I should know for sure next week. But I still had more to put down so I did order some of the new style. I have to say the changes they made seem to be for the better. The way they attached to the floor looks the same but they're just a little different. And seem to grab a plastic just a little better without expanding it. The new design for the low pro without the grips. Has a bit of grip too. Just by its design but is not overly knobby.

I bought my trailer used and the guy before me had used porch paint. It didn't look too bad and to go to spruce up I repainted it the year I bought it. Since I still had some exposed in the trailer those areas were getting scratched up and just general signs of use which is why I started this project again. I would not recommend the paint.

There's a few other guys on here that looked into another system I was considering. Which are those race deck flooring squares that are vented. I was on the verge of actually changing everything over to that. But ultimately that would have meant pulling up everything I already had down and a lot more money.

I know other guys have used rhino lining some have been very happy with it others not as much. It can be slippery. And it's definitely expensive.

Again good luck and enjoy!
it can be slippery with snow, not water. I do like it and yes was expensive. But after 13 years it looks almost brand new except for a few times the skis came off the wheels while loading with snowtrackers.