St. Ignace trail conditions?

kirk600

Guys planning on coming up February 16-19. Want to ride but can’t find lodging near Newberry for Saturday night. We called Curtis and nothing is available there until Sunday either. We can’t get there until Saturday so we thought why not ride out from St Ignace if conditions are good enough. Might stay south go to Naubinway for vintage sled show up to newberry over to trout lake and back

Is this realistic with current conditions?

Thanks,
Kirk

Go Fast or Go Home

Yes--Conditions are great right now. Calling for 8"-12" Tuesday and 2"-4" on Wednesday.

Starting to put the tree line up to Mackinaw Island.

Our group is headed up tomorrow morning to St. Ignace. Staying at the Budget Host.

If you haven't reserved rooms yet--you'd better hurry. LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournaments are that weekend.

Don~

1fujifilm

Guys planning on coming up February 16-19. Want to ride but can’t find lodging near Newberry for Saturday night. We called Curtis and nothing is available there until Sunday either. We can’t get there until Saturday so we thought why not ride out from St Ignace if conditions are good enough. Might stay south go to Naubinway for vintage sled show up to newberry over to trout lake and back

Is this realistic with current conditions?

Thanks,
Kirk

Stay away, the UP 200 dog race is here using the trails plus some winter fest; gonna be a zoo.
I was planning to go to Munising but an going to lower WI instead.

Bear

longtrack

Cross the Border, Ride in Ontario. Lodging is cheaper there and it will make up for higher Gas prices and the Trail permits.

kirk600

I have reservations at the Super 8 in St Ignace, so thats not an issue. Lots of places are full for Fri and especially Sat for the pond hockey tourament.

Kirk

- - - Updated - - -

Stay away, the UP 200 dog race is here using the trails plus some winter fest; gonna be a zoo.
I was planning to go to Munising but an going to lower WI instead.

Bear

Im asking for next weekend

My friends just landed there today and actullay took the ice bridge out to the island , they’ll be leaving in the am to head towards the Soo and told them what ever they do go to the Falls so at this point there’re going that way and then towards the Soo

Ive talked to my Buddies and they said they rode to paradice then over to the Soo and out of about 185 miles 5 where bad , they rode down to St.Inganace this morning and again trails where great , they where trying to get down to Grand Rapids to spend the night (scout the bars) but are stuck in St.inganace now because the bridge is shut down

kirk600

Well folks I must report that conditions were great. We rode a loop from Naubinway to Newberry, down thru Curtis and Engadine and back to Naubinway and trails were great..
Today we trailered to Cedarville, rode to Drummond Island, put 50 miles on while there and they were the best trails I have rode in a long time! Simply amazing is all I can say. 7 sleds including us on the Ferry going over, only the 2 of us coming back. 10 more sleds waiting at the dock in DeTour when we got there. Not big mileage, 130ish today but we had a blast.
Tomorrow’s plan is Mackinac Island before we head home....
It’s all snow folks, only snirt is where logging operations are going on!

1fujifilm

Well folks I must report that conditions were great. We rode a loop from Naubinway to Newberry, down thru Curtis and Engadine and back to Naubinway and trails were great..
Today we trailered to Cedarville, rode to Drummond Island, put 50 miles on while there and they were the best trails I have rode in a long time! Simply amazing is all I can say. 7 sleds including us on the Ferry going over, only the 2 of us coming back. 10 more sleds waiting at the dock in DeTour when we got there. Not big mileage, 130ish today but we had a blast.
Tomorrow’s plan is Mackinac Island before we head home....
It’s all snow folks, only snirt is where logging operations are going on!

Nice work, good timing and weather made this one happen.

How were the trails near Raco, MI?

Bear

Came home today from Newberry and from the drivers seat (while my Wife and kids got to sleep lol) the trails from Trout lake all the way down looked like the had been freshly groomed so could only think everything would be great , I have to say even South of the Bridge loooked to be great looking also

kirk600

Nice work, good timing and weather made this one happen.

How were the trails near Raco, MI?

Bear
Didn’t make it up there, but talked to a group who rode from Newberry thru Brimley and on to the Soo and said those trails were great also