Stay on the Trail or Stay Home

Hoosier

I think they should make the registration stickers bigger so people (sleds) can be more easily ID'd. Half joking but I don't what the solution is but it has to involve a much bigger penalty (like interceptor said).

WorkHardPlayHrd

I will admit to being very surprised here in eau claire county Sunday night. They opened trails here for last weekend and only last weekend. In my opinion they should not have opened at all. We went out Sunday night. Every trail on corn stalk was on stubble and horribly rough, but only once did I see where someone left trail to get on snow. This did surprise me, but maybe because of the short weekend only opening we only had locals on trails. It was nice to take a ride without trailering.

mnuser

Unfortunately we live in a world where people feel entitled to do what ever they want to do. There are signs all over to stay on the trails yet I see tracks all over the place. The fines need to be raised alot. They also need to really jack up the loud exhaust fine. I can't believe how many sleds I have heard that are way higher then the legal db. This sport alone with other motorized sports are in trouble.
It is called "Freedom To". We live in a "Freedom To" world. No mistaking it. Someday I hope we switch back to a "Freedom From" mindset but I doubt that will ever happen.

ICT Sledder

I'd totally be in favor of increasing trail pass prices substantially (in order to stave off some trail demand/pressure from clowns), and legal confiscation of sleds found to be trespassing on private property or with illegal exhausts. Not forever, but say until the end of the sled season.

Trail sledding isn't a hobby that is long for the world with the disproportional volume of nincompoops, half-whits, morons, small pee-pees, and white trash dipsheets that seem to populate our ranks these days. I'm not sure why it is, but as someone who has done all kinds of activities in the outdoors his entire life, sledding is like a magnet for idiots. Like you have the "People of Walmart" memes and websites, you could darn sure have the same thing for "People of Sledding". It's kind of embarrassing.

euphoric1

maybe a "stupid test" requirement upon registration renewal. It still blows my mind that people just don't get it, and if there is one thing that has changed along with the world being broken is people's patience threshold is about as thin as it gets and from the number of posts on here from different clubs all addressing the same issue...trespassing, people aren't tolerating it, nor should they be expected to either, what is so flipping difficult about "stay on trail" uuuugh! These will be the same morons complaining when there is nowhere to ride anymore!

russholio

maybe a "stupid test" requirement upon registration renewal. It still blows my mind that people just don't get it, and if there is one thing that has changed along with the world being broken is people's patience threshold is about as thin as it gets and from the number of posts on here from different clubs all addressing the same issue...trespassing, people aren't tolerating it, nor should they be expected to either, what is so flipping difficult about "stay on trail" uuuugh! These will be the same morons complaining when there is nowhere to ride anymore!
Same sort as the Blair Morgan wannabes who delight in ripping up the trails, then bitch when it isn't magically groomed to perfection the next morning.

parker

This Issue needs to Stay Up Top and be the topic at all the Riding Stops and Snowmobiling Associated Establishments.
The problem is not going to get fixed by avoiding the topic.

old abe

Perhaps Cancel them, eh!

dfattack

There has always been people in our society who don't care to play by the rules and always will be. It seems lately there are a lot more of them and of course that increase means those participating in our sport will go up too. Unfortunately our sport requires some sort of self governance and that's the hard part.

euphoric1

Just got back from our trip and its incredible the disregard of signage, you see "stay on trail" signs that are white with black lettering then the blaze orange and orange signs that not only ask to "stay on trail" but list the possible repercussions by not doing so and I had to laugh people would turn off trail only feet after the sign. all I have to say are you that moronic? or did hooked on phonics not work for you? just ridiculous!
One other sign we need to make larger other than the small diamond that people just don't get..... "stay right" especially on blind corners and daytime when you can't see headlights coming, couple close calls where I almost needed to clean my shorts out.