Stay out of Wisconsin This Weekend

toddjparent

All,

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that the trails in Wisconsin do not open until 12/14/09. This is due to an extended anterless deer season. I happen to think this is a note to snowmobilers everywhere that Michigan appreciates our business much more than Wisconsin. I live in Minnesota and have a home in Ironwood Michigan and can attest to many years of quality riding in the UP of Michigan so please whenever possible support the Michigan businesses and let Wisconsin know we as snowmobilers spend far more money in the local economy than hunters. I do not mean to offend anyone that hunts, the point is from December 1st on it is the snowmobilers turn to use the northland trails. See you on the Michigan trails this weekend! Please always ride safe and sane!

Todd Parent

harvest1121

They said Land o Lakes is open now also. I would go by what the clubs or the county says. It can be private land and they can open when they want. If you go to the clubs site and they say they are open I guess they would be open.

toddjparent

Wisconsin this weekend

Please go to this site and make sure you are on the snowmobile trail tab. http://www.travelwisconsin.com/snow_report.aspx

The state trails controlled by the Wisconsin DNR are closed until 12/14/09 for anterless doe season. There are only two counties in the state of Wisconsin that are showing open and these are small designated areas. The Wisconsin DNR in there infinite wisdom listened to the hunters on this issue and ignored the snowmobiling community. Please note that Iron County which includes Hurley, WI and they claim to be the Snow Capital of the north is under this closure.

maxwell

The DNR left it to individual counties to determine when the snowmobile trails open.

I doubt next year WI will have a late season hunt.

bryan t

Banned
Please go to this site and make sure you are on the snowmobile trail tab. http://www.travelwisconsin.com/snow_report.aspx

The state trails controlled by the Wisconsin DNR are closed until 12/14/09 for anterless doe season. There are only two counties in the state of Wisconsin that are showing open and these are small designated areas. The Wisconsin DNR in there infinite wisdom listened to the hunters on this issue and ignored the snowmobiling community. Please note that Iron County which includes Hurley, WI and they claim to be the Snow Capital of the north is under this closure.

Todd...Land o Lakes is open.

rmkking

All,

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that the trails in Wisconsin do not open until 12/14/09. This is due to an extended anterless deer season. I happen to think this is a note to snowmobilers everywhere that Michigan appreciates our business much more than Wisconsin. I live in Minnesota and have a home in Ironwood Michigan and can attest to many years of quality riding in the UP of Michigan so please whenever possible support the Michigan businesses and let Wisconsin know we as snowmobilers spend far more money in the local economy than hunters. I do not mean to offend anyone that hunts, the point is from December 1st on it is the snowmobilers turn to use the northland trails. See you on the Michigan trails this weekend! Please always ride safe and sane!

Todd Parent

Half a million people hunting spend a lot of money. Being both a hunter and a sledder I would say that the spending is about equal.

olsmann

Its been the 15th for a few years now. Easements in our area have stated the 15th for a few years now. A lot of it has nothing to do with local businesses. Its the DNR and farmers. Some just got corn out of fields this weekend. (i think they let stay in field as long as they can due to the cost of drying these days) Lets not punish local businesses because of this. Besides its Here now!!!!!

sledder10

Anterless doe? Is it not assumed doe's are anterless?