Steering adjustments

krash

I rode my wifes 2006 panther last night and it has hardly any pressure on the skis making it really hard to steer. Can someone tell me what adjustments I need to make to put a little more pressure on the skis to help steer?

zimmbob

You can also soften the front shocks, which when coming into the corners, will cause more weight transfer to the front, and more ski pressure. Also, make sure the transfer blocks in the skid are set to let the sled move forward. The blocks are on either side of the scissors mechanism. You'd want the shortest setting for the front block to let the sled lurch forward a little more when slowing down.

ezra

the blocks talked about above have notches on them 1 is the smallest 1111 is the largest set the black so the 1111 marks face the rear arm.if the panther has adjustable limiter straps it will be EZ to just tighten the nuts otherwise you have to use a ratchet strap to compress the fr of the skid and unbolt strap drill new hole to shorten strap and re bolt prob no more than 3/4 of a in kinda a pain in the ars .along transfer blocks turning FR shock try stiffening rear springs 1 turn on adjustment block you may just be more heavy than the wife and causing it to ride wheelies