Stick with helmets threads

srt20

So other thread reminded me I want a new helmet, didn't want to hi jack his thread.

Out west only helmet so I actually want venting. I use full face for trails here.

I got a really round melon. Any helmets that you know of market towards this? Many market towards oval round or oval.
Big eye opening. Current 509 carbon C2 pushes goggles down onto my nose.
Lightweight is also high on list. Doesn't have to be carbon fiber, but needs to be pretty light.

Lots of UP boondockers in here, so Im sure some of you guys like the lightweight well vented helmets too.
Any suggestions?

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
My helmet of choice for the past 5 years or so is the Fly Racing carbon F3. It vents very well, probably not as a good as a Klim F3, but good enough for me. My goggles are prescription, 100 percent is the name brand of ther goggles, and they fit the Fly helmey very well.

srt20

My helmet of choice for the past 5 years or so is the Fly Racing carbon F3. It vents very well, probably not as a good as a Klim F3, but good enough for me. My goggles are prescription, 100 percent is the name brand of ther goggles, and they fit the Fly helmey very well.

Yeah I have a Fly carbon, not sure what exact model. I like the eye opening, but its to oval for my head.

I have a pair of 100% for UTV and love the fit. Though I haven't found much for lens color options for snow.

Tracker

I run with a 1987 griffin...not dot approved anymore but absolutely love it...it ventilates fantastic....you can chew tobacco and spit even while riding....very loose so never fogs up...no goggles needed so very light....and has protected my head many times with so very hard hits also....never cracked on any hits....shields are very hard to come by so if you get this one protect that shield at all costs....I do have a new helmet but use this one most of all for boondocks and night riding....and no interference with go pro mount...new ones design suks for go pro

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-19...588932?hash=item41fba24104:g:2G4AAOSw3qVcaeQp

View attachment 62271

Last edited: