Still "might" get a week of riding in 🤞

pclark

Not much for Northern Wisconsin. Going to get colder next week but don't see anything that says big storms on the way which is what we would need to get the trails open.

attakman

X2...just checked the extended range forecast discussion for the next 3 to 4 weeks...it's showing a slight cool down for next week, but no big snow systems....and after that...another warm up with above to slightly above temps.....and equal to below equal chances for precipitation...meaning the dry and above average temperature conditions will continue through the first week of March....the chances our trail system will even open are now less than 50 percent...even if they opened tomorrow...we would only have 7 weeks until easements end....This is just unprecedented...we have Never gone an entire winter without opening the trails since the clubs have been in existence (50 plus years)...just crazy

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we're done! Old Man Winter is on life-support, the trails are bare and the swamps are flooded. I just don't see the time and conditions to turn this around. Let's hope next year's Winter comes on with a vengeance!

Just the same, I'm keeping my snow shovel handy. February, March and April are known for snowstorms and not the kind you can play in.

rph130

I gave up on a season that looks like it just won't happen. Looked at the rest of February and March forecast for Northern Wisconsin and see snow is just about gone and swamps are turning to slush in Presque Isle. I have nursed a torn right rotator cuff and bicep along with a bone spur tearing into the tissue hoping to get a few rides on the new sled but I booked surgery today for early March. No more hoping and waiting. Need to have it somewhat functional to hold my new grandson due in April and time to think about fishing and spring/summer projects around cabin after what is said to be several month recovery and physical therapy.

600_RMK_144

Second trip (and likely last with SB to Mexico coming up) is about a week out. They don't have as much snow as CO did for our first trip, but hoping they get dumped on between now & then.

hermie

I gave up on a season that looks like it just won't happen. Looked at the rest of February and March forecast for Northern Wisconsin and see snow is just about gone and swamps are turning to slush in Presque Isle. I have nursed a torn right rotator cuff and bicep along with a bone spur tearing into the tissue hoping to get a few rides on the new sled but I booked surgery today for early March. No more hoping and waiting. Need to have it somewhat functional to hold my new grandson due in April and time to think about fishing and spring/summer projects around cabin after what is said to be several month recovery and physical therapy.
Good luck with your surgery and hopefully you will be good to go for next season. Congratulations on the up coming grandson,. 😊

pclark

Bob, now’s the time to get your repairs done, you should be good by summer. I remember you talking about your new grandson when we met for drinks, my daughters due date is 4/17. Good luck!

old abe

rph130 hope all goes well with the coming grandson, and the best of wishes with the surgery! Please let us know how your shoulder surgery and recovery goes. I'm needing the same surgery, however with my age I'm trying to get by with the shots, and behaving myself with that shoulder due to the time of the recovery process?

rph130

Bob, now’s the time to get your repairs done, you should be good by summer. I remember you talking about your new grandson when we met for drinks, my daughters due date is 4/17. Good luck!
Heading up Friday for a few weeks to enjoy the early mud season....not. I think RP#3 is due the 14th of April. I know you have a Florida trip coming but let's grab a beer next week before you go and complain about the season that wasn't.

rph130

rph130 hope all goes well with the coming grandson, and the best of wishes with the surgery! Please let us know how your shoulder surgery and recovery goes. I'm needing the same surgery, however with my age I'm trying to get by with the shots, and behaving myself with that shoulder due to the time of the recovery process?
Abe, the surgeon shocked me when he told me 3-6 months for rehab. That sounds extreme. I'll be 60 next week and I'm not going to physical therapy 3 times a week for months. Living in two states on and off for the year isn't conducive to appointments. I had total knee replacement 3 years ago. Went to 3 physical therapy sessions to learn what to do and then did it myself every day. 6 weeks after surgery I was replacing deck at cabin. I was a little slow and had to take frequent breaks, but I got through it. Hoping the same goes for the shoulder.

goofy600

rph130 take this for what it’s worth, listen to the people that have had shoulder surgery and your doctor. Now everyone heals differently but I had more than just the rotator cuff done had 3 pins installed also a 3” cut to do my repairs my doctor had me in sling for 12 weeks starting rehab about a week or two after surgery and at 12 weeks got out of the sling and tried to do a little to much and reinjured the bicep that was reattached. I worked with my arms over my shoulders most of the time so really had to have the surgery and should have listened to doctors better and do the rehab it works. Yes it sucks but the repaired shoulder is better now than the other. Sorry for the long post.

heckler56

Thanks for scaring me garageguy. :mad:
8 years ago my right arm kept “like falling out of socket”. It was September and I thought I should have it checked out. MRI results went to surgeon and I got a call the next day to go over the results. He had me move my arm around and asked about my level of discomfort. No different than the last year. He proceeded to tell me nothing was attached and my movement defied normal physiology. He made room the next week for surgery (he was backed up 5 months).

The prognosis was I would be unable to snowmobile that year. Mid January he greenlighted me and I was on the trails.

Pain was there but nothing excruciating. Only took Oxy for three days (nerve block lasted day and half). Sleeping was the big deal. I used a recliner for two months and unfortunately the lever was on the right side….

Get it done! I am left handed but my right arm feels like it is bionic 😁

ps: my surgeon and PT were former Vikings staff.

garageguy

Sorry rph.

It won't be fun, I had 3 tears and a ball and socket resurface. Have a nice 4 inch scar and it took a long time for it to be usable.
That was in 2016.
I still have good range of motion, but there is still residual pain that comes with use. I can still do anything I want to. Just some of the fun of being older 67.

wiscrev

Sorry rph.

It won't be fun, I had 3 tears and a ball and socket resurface. Have a nice 4 inch scar and it took a long time for it to be usable.
That was in 2016.
I still have good range of motion, but there is still residual pain that comes with use. I can still do anything I want to. Just some of the fun of being older 67.
Ha! wait till you are 80, like my next birthday. Wish I could go back to 67, lol. Body wearing out, but my mind still thinks I'm 45, lol. My philosophy: You're only a kind once, so why not stay a kid for as long as you can. Thanks be to God, I'll never get older in spirit.

pclark

Heading up Friday for a few weeks to enjoy the early mud season....not. I think RP#3 is due the 14th of April. I know you have a Florida trip coming but let's grab a beer next week before you go and complain about the season that wasn't.
Sounds good Bob, let’s try and fit that in.