Stimulus check

timo

Got mine deposited today.
Wife and two skids,,,, $3400.
I will say I'm a little torn with just handing this money out to every single person in this country regardless of predicament.
My self and wife for example. I'm still working as many hours as always, wife is a teacher and while she isn't working she still gets paid every other week.
I just feel if you weren't financially impacted ( like us ) do I really deserve the money... Don't get me wrong I'll take it. I get it it's all about getting this economy rolling again.
But a single guy that lost his job the $1200 he's going to get will pay his rent. Then what does he do? People that have actually lost a job or laid off should be getting more than someone like me who hasn't been financially impacted in the least.

euphoric1

AGREED!! Just like the small business loan program for essential businesses I personally know of 2 who took it that don't need it and its available on first come first basis so the businesses that really need it may not get it. Also people already supported by the state should not receive checks either as there is no disruption in their receiving of income, there should have been better ways of dispersing the money where it was needed, I will be giving mine to a locally owned business that needs it more than I do and of no fault of their own was forced to shutter. Many people may not know that businesses are being given the opportunity to not pay their tax liability for 2 months.... GREAT IDEA!! NOT!!! if a business doesn't have the money to pay taxes the next two months how are they going to have 3 months worth 2 months from now. I don't want to sound like broken record and im sure some don't like it but. THIS ECONOMIC SHUTDOWN HAS TO STOP!!! its not worth it... we are past recession status at this point and a $1200 check isn't going to do JACK SH Give it to the people who need it!!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Already have plans to spend it with a local small business. Always a need for upgrades or repairs around the house and property.

2TrakR

If you don't need the money, spend it all on local businesses that you know/support. Splurge. It will do them good.

mrbb

U agree, there are many folks that don't need the money
and many that need a LOT more than this check will give them

I always say this, if you DON"T need the money, why now give it to those that do??
I am sure there are organizations and or you know folks that can use the money.
and there is always the option to NOT cash the check too!
no one i gather is making anyone take it and use it!

the sad fact is, most that receive free money like this, will KEEP it, if they need it or not
human nature I guess, everyone wants more and few will again give i to others that need ir, or again refuse it!

just cause something is free don't mean you have to take it!

euphoric1

U agree, there are many folks that don't need the money
and many that need a LOT more than this check will give them

I always say this, if you DON"T need the money, why now give it to those that do??
I am sure there are organizations and or you know folks that can use the money.
and there is always the option to NOT cash the check too!
no one i gather is making anyone take it and use it!

the sad fact is, most that receive free money like this, will KEEP it, if they need it or not
human nature I guess, everyone wants more and few will again give i to others that need ir, or again refuse it!

just cause something is free don't mean you have to take it!

Very well put! it really is the ethical thing to do considering times.

kip

This is tearing a lot of people up inside. I agree that this shutdown cannot continue. Whether we agree or not we are in war right now with a unfortunate virus, but shutting down isn't the answer. Unfortunately in war there are always casualties. Think about this shutdown for a bit, how many people are having nervous breakdowns, over medicating, drinking, losing their businesses, or even committing suicide? These are all biproducts of shutting down. Tucking our tail and hiding is not the answer in my humble opinion. Our rights are being fractured. To me it all sucks! It's time to roll up our sleeves and get with the get on!! We gotta toughen up, too much give up these days. Come on, let's go!!! We're the U.S.A. for crying out loud!!!!

1fujifilm

This is tearing a lot of people up inside. I agree that this shutdown cannot continue. Whether we agree or not we are in war right now with a unfortunate virus, but shutting down isn't the answer. Unfortunately in war there are always casualties. Think about this shutdown for a bit, how many people are having nervous breakdowns, over medicating, drinking, losing their businesses, or even committing suicide? These are all biproducts of shutting down. Tucking our tail and hiding is not the answer in my humble opinion. Our rights are being fractured. To me it all sucks! It's time to roll up our sleeves and get with the get on!! We gotta toughen up, too much give up these days. Come on, let's go!!! We're the U.S.A. for crying out loud!!!!

That's some crazy Governess MI has..WOW!
Living in WI, I feel like we are in another Country based on the C-19 mandates.

I wish you well as a business owner.

Bear

mrbb

I can agree with much of this, there will always be casualties
this is also true in, the other side effects

in nature the strong survive and the weak perish , its nature and it can be rather cruel

WE humans, have a habit of interfering with nature, and we have done our-share to keep the weak alive as long as we can SUCK $$$ out of them!

so, times like this, sadly, will separate the weak from the strong, be it i , mentally or physically or even financially!
the fact in life and I mean no disrespect, is, again, NOT everyone gets a cookie, and lives the dream
some will suffer hardships way worse than others
all the folks that been living way past there means , will feel things those that stayed more in there budgets maybe won't

this again, I hope teaches a lot of people to learn to appreciate things better and maybe !

QUOTE=kip;493473]This is tearing a lot of people up inside. I agree that this shutdown cannot continue. Whether we agree or not we are in war right now with a unfortunate virus, but shutting down isn't the answer. Unfortunately in war there are always casualties. Think about this shutdown for a bit, how many people are having nervous breakdowns, over medicating, drinking, losing their businesses, or even committing suicide? These are all biproducts of shutting down. Tucking our tail and hiding is not the answer in my humble opinion. Our rights are being fractured. To me it all sucks! It's time to roll up our sleeves and get with the get on!! We gotta toughen up, too much give up these days. Come on, let's go!!! We're the U.S.A. for crying out loud!!!![/QUOTE]

If T bag would have shut the country down for 3 weeks he was told to,
We would not be i this predicament.

pclark

There is not a lot that hasn't been said about this situation over the past 4 weeks. I believe Wisconsin shut down on 3/17 but one message is clear from the business owners and that is that we need to open up the economy now. The damage that is being done is immeasurable, checks are fine for some people, perhaps some business needs loans. Fortunatley we don't need a loan, we are an essential business, but that doesn't mean we are doing all that well because most of our customers have frozen all purchasing until further notice.

I am in my sixties and would have never thought we would see something like this happen. Hopefully we have all learned something from this, if not then we really have not paid attention. I am all in on opening up the economy as soon as possible because at a certain point we are going to have to start taking the risk to do so.

I have actually been flying for the past 3 weeks and its probably one of the safest places to be right now because airports are empty and with 8-10 people per flight (Plane holds 143) your chances to contract the virus are low if you use precautions.

Hope you and your families are healthy and you start to return back to what your lives were soon.

slimcake

If T bag would have shut the country down for 3 weeks he was told to,
We would not be i this predicament.

T-bag? That's our President you are talking about. You ***. He shut down flights from China and was called a racist. A xenophobe. Quit watching the lamestream media. Maybe you will see the real story. It's us people in "fly over country" that feed and cloth this country and the world. You wanna mess with us??

elf

Strange times when there is actually incentive for people to not work as they'll make more on unemployment. Now I see they are trying to pass another relief bill that'll pay people $2000/month if you make under $130k/yr or $4000/month per family if your income is under $260k/yr. Thats damn near everybody and its tax free. I don't know how they feel we can afford this. A better bet is to start the economy back up and put people to work.

Last edited:

kip

I believe our President has done a fine job against all odds and against the opposition of many others who should be helping solve the issues instead of badgering a President who has done nothing but help and keep the whole country informed on a daily basis. Furthermore, he's listened to the Professionals very well and refers to them constantly. I usually don't talk politics being in business but this President has had to fight for everything from day one. I can tell you one fact for sure, my business has been much better in this administration than the previous and I know my employees have noticed it too as I've been able to be more generous with them:) So much false news out there it's ridiculous and unfortunately most of our youth cannot think for themselves. They only know what they see on mainstream media. Very sad. The phones and the media are a serious problem in this country. We need real thinkers and doers. NOT WATCHERS!!! Sorry for the soap box:) Thanks Bear, we need it! Our governor obviously has personal motives and is totally off of her rocker!! Sucks when you live in the UP and you have to deal with the politics of a lower peninsula which frankly may as well be a country away. Wish we were part of Wisconsin!