Stolen sled found

FrozenH2O

This story may sound unbeleivable, but it is true. Last month I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. Needless to say I was a little nervous and scared about the prognosis,treatments,and results. As it turns out I had the turmor and my right kidney removed. While I was layed up recovering from the surgery, I spent alot of time on this site and others thinking about snowmobiling, and how much joy it has brought to my life. Back in 2005 I had a 99 MXZ 600 stolen from me while I was in a tavern. I was only separated from the sled for 15 minutes when I noticed it was gone. I filed a police report, but in all reality I concidered it gone! Sold for parts or sitting at the bottom of some lake. Everytime I saw a sled that looked like mine, I would take a close look at it and just say maybe. I was on e-bay one day during recovery and what do I see. A 99 MXZ 600 for sale. It looked just like mine, so I found my old registration and bingo!, It was mine. I called the police, and to make this story move along. It is now sitting in my driveway. Strange how things work out eh?

einne

good ending to your story of sled. and hope the cancer story ends with a positive note also.

eagle1

Crazy. How many miles did they put on it? Hope you get to put some miles on her.

FrozenH2O

Thanks for the good wishes. They put about 2000 miles on her, but kept her in pretty good shape. A few cracks and dents, but it starts right up and ready to ride. My prognosis is good so far, and I am looking at trading in my 99 and 05 MXZ for a new ride with electric start and reverse. Maybe a 2011 GSX.

cuzzinolaf

Great news! I think that would be a cool gift for your daughter if she enjoys riding.

What is the story with the people who listed it on Ebay? Did they buy it from the thief or do you think their the ones who stole it?

FrozenH2O

The story right now is the seller just purchased it two weeks before he listed it. The guy he bought it from said he found it in the woods. The detective I am dealing with said he is not sure how far I can go to recover any loss or damage. I would just like to know the guys name, If he/she lives close to where I live and If I know them.

fireman35

That is unreal man good for you and hopefully they get back to clown that stole the d@mn thing. dont need dirt bags like that running around out there.

cuzzinolaf

The story right now is the seller just purchased it two weeks before he listed it. The guy he bought it from said he found it in the woods. The detective I am dealing with said he is not sure how far I can go to recover any loss or damage. I would just like to know the guys name, If he/she lives close to where I live and If I know them.

LOL - who finds a perfectly working sled just left in the woods and doesn't report it to the police.

crispyknite

20 years ago when I lived south of the twin cites, I worked with A guy that took sleds and keeped them in the woods. I should of told the police but I could not prove it.

joshwagner

I see you're in Ingleside, funny, that's where I grew up. Was it stolen from a chain bar or was it out of town? Good news on the prognosis and the sled!

I haven't spent much time riding the lakes since moving after college, but I did spend one night there in about 2005 with some buddies. Someone's sled got taken from outside whatever bar we were at on Fox Lake. I think it was a doo, it prompted me to doublecheck my keys nonetheless.

Josh

legend02

Congrats on getting your sled back.

Back in 1988, I had a two sleds and a trailer stolen, abotu two years later , I called the DNR to see if the 78 exciter had ever been registered as I still had the Registration card for it( No Comprehensive on this one, insurance payed off on the 85 and the trailer) , the lady at the DNR tells me it's registered, I wound up getting it back by involving the police, it was beat, the guy said he got it at a garage sale. No charges were pressed.