Stolen Trailer

marcs

I wanted to ask for help. I had a 2 place Karavan snowmobile trailer stolen from my work last evening. The trailer has a diamond plate salt shield and has a very unique feature. There was a mistake made from the factory that makes this trailer a one of a kind. Thus will be very easy to identify.
The location of the trailer was on the northeast side of Madison, near the airport. Any info anyone may have if they come across it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Marc

handiman

zimmbob - I'm guessing marcs didn't want to identify the 'unique feature' so the bad guys don't remove/alter it if they got wind of this thread.

marcs

That was my thought, if I posted the "feature" they might try and alter it. Although it would be nearly impossible to change. The local police know what to look for if it is located.
Some how someday these fools will have their day I can assure you. If I ever give up on recovering the trailer I will gladly share what makes the trailer unique.
Good luck to the crooks there are lots of eyes watching for you!

marcs

I think enough time has passed that the trailer will not be recovered by our local authorities. The "unique feature" I mentioned earlier is the side rails on the trailer are different. The mistake was made at the factory. One side has a higher side rail with a different look than the other. It would be very difficult to change so if anyone comes across a 2004 Karavan with different sides please be aware it might be the one. Thanks

F

fusion

Stealing trailers is a fairly common thing, and relatively easy to do, so I always take precautions when my trailer isn't in the garage up north. Like right now it has been sitting outside in southern WI for 1 month with:
A.) A hitch lock
B.) Pad lock on each rear latch bracket
C.) Chains on each pad lock, both connected to a large fence pillar.

They want it, they will have to earn it. And if I wake up one night in the middle of their theft, they will have the surprise of a lifetime.

Hopefully you had insurance.

S

skylar

A friend of mine just has his two place stolen Saturday. He lives near the Grand Marsh/Brooks area. Thieving bastages!

Sno-Bandit Gary

One added anti theft I have added to my trailer...Take an old hitch ball and cut off the threads. Insert it into the trailer and lock the hitch. I know it is just a deterent but it stops the chance of inserting an undersized ball into a locked trailer and driving off.