Stuck Sled Help

Winterrules

I want to buy something to help get a sled un-stuck. Anyone have experience with Snow Bungie or Biff's snowmobile easyout Kit.

skiroule

We use Snobunjes. With a little practice, we've found them to be way more effective (and less back-breaking) than bending over and grabbing a ski loop. Usually one is all that is necessary to extract a sled but we have had some "double Snobunje" situations.

If you have a sled with unusually large diameter ski loops it might be a problem getting the Snobunje hook on the ski. I have Sly Dogs and I have to manipulate the hook a little to attach it but we haven't encountered any ski that the Snobunje wouldn't fit at all.

booondocker

Not sure about the bungie thing...but a good springy nylon rope will work. For serious stucks, I made a HighJacker....from a telescoping aluminum bird feeder pole and mounted a strap style boat crank type winch...strapped the whole deal on the side of the sled...only needed it twice and it worked well. Lifted the rear up so that you could push it over on to good snow. Do it again on the front of the sled and go like heck. Interesting thing is that as you get better at using the sled you need this stuff less and less. Still lifting on this sled with only two guys...specially 4 stroke stuff....gets old fast, and better safe than sorry. Here is a pretty good review of one of these lifting devices...pretty slick how it works.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-245042.html

ezra

if you really bury one it is good to have a long long nylon strap tied in to a loop cinch around a ski and 2 guys get inside the strap about 8ft in fr of the sled and lean back with all you got.
works when you cant even see the lower 1/2 of the sled any more.
a must in the mountians or with rooks in the up

junior1

get the snow bungie. just dont use the handheld one as the sled to sled model! we use ours all the time and if you cant hook a ski loop hook to one of the a arms.

blutooth

Snobungie is the ticket. I keep one strapped to my handlebars or on my rack all the time. We use the hand held version as it seems to easier than getting another sled in position (and risking trenching thatone too) Usually one tug, maybe two and you are free.

Here a couple Kesslers pre-Snobungie. Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF9NwsrHFAE&sns=em