Suburban Rear Wiper Help

I have an '04 Suburban that I bought new. It is in excellent condition, but the rear wiper motor gave out about 2 years ago. It had been just going slow when I turned it on and then it just stopped working. So, I finally got around to buying a brand new one (AC-Delco) and we installed it. You can hear the motor pulsing or trying to move, but it won't go. The old one did this, too. So, we thought it was faultyt and got a new one sent to replace the first new one. Same dang thing! So, I now have an appointment at my Chevrolet dealer. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this experience and what you eventually found to be the cause? Any cost information is appreciated, too.

rodehard

It sounds like it might be in the "park" position. Some wipers have another wire to them to raise and lower the blade so it is not on the window when you shut it off. Try having someone force the blade up to the glass when you turn it on. Does it work? Otherwise a wireing/ground or circuit problem. Clean the plug, male and female, and use di-electric grease. Just some things to try. There is a lot of wire between the dash and a Suburban's back window.
Good luck!

The motor has no linkage at all. It is an electrical motor that rotates the spindle that sticks through the back lift gate. The wiper mounts to the spindle. The wiper just rests on a mount until the motor moves it. I'm just going to take it into the dealer and have them figure it out. There's nothing to adjust or replace-it's just a compact unit that should be working. I'm betting that the switch up front is bad. Time will tell.

Can you move the arm when linkage is disconnected?

Rushed

I had the identical problem in a 2004 Yukon XL (identical truck) turns out it was a bad ground connection. Try grounding straight to the inside structure of the hatch (to a paintless surface).