Suggestions on track length 129 vs 137

bayfly

I am considering purchasing a 2024 leftover sled for trail riding. The discounts are favorable right now so I may need to pull the trigger quickly. This sled would be used to introduce grandkids to trail riding, so a 2 up seat would be added. I would appreciate thoughts on buying a 129” vs 137” for this purpose. Likely the grandkids would end up driving this sled also, so I am looking at the 600 Catalyst ZR. I am thinking the 129” would be easier for a younger driver, but the 137” might be better for the passenger seat. Any thoughts or suggestions on the track length would be helpful. Thanks!

ICT Sledder

Don't forget on the Catalyst that the 129 rear is uncoupled and 137 is coupled. Big difference if you want to go two up.

Having owned and ridden both in the procross chassis, the 129 is a lot more fun in the twisty stuff, whereas the 137 gives up a bit of twisty fun for better straight line stability.

Both are fairly hardcore sleds for teenage riders who are only riding occasionally.

old abe

I am considering purchasing a 2024 leftover sled for trail riding. The discounts are favorable right now so I may need to pull the trigger quickly. This sled would be used to introduce grandkids to trail riding, so a 2 up seat would be added. I would appreciate thoughts on buying a 129” vs 137” for this purpose. Likely the grandkids would end up driving this sled also, so I am looking at the 600 Catalyst ZR. I am thinking the 129” would be easier for a younger driver, but the 137” might be better for the passenger seat. Any thoughts or suggestions on the track length would be helpful. Thanks!
If you are seriously considering riding double, 137 for sure. Imo, there is very little difference in handling 129 to 137, but a big difference in riding two up.

bayfly

Don't forget on the Catalyst that the 129 rear is uncoupled and 137 is coupled. Big difference if you want to go two up.

Having owned and ridden both in the procross chassis, the 129 is a lot more fun in the twisty stuff, whereas the 137 gives up a bit of twisty fun for better straight line stability.

Both are fairly hardcore sleds for teenage riders who are only riding occasionally.
Are you implying that the 137 coupled would be better with the 2 up? Thanks!

mezz

I would agree with the 137 if your going to do 2-up for sure. My word of caution is the 600 class sleds today are not the same as the 600 class of the past. Just my .02.

indy_500

If you are seriously considering riding double, 137 for sure. Imo, there is very little difference in handling 129 to 137, but a big difference in riding two up.
Have to agree with Abe here. I own a 19 MXZ TNT 600 129” and a 23 Renegade 850 137” with a 2-up seat added onto it. Hardly noticeable difference in handling between the two, but the 137 is absolutely necessary for riding 2up. Also, coupled vs uncoupled would be a huge deal as well, just because of that alone I would be going 137. My son is 5’5 160 lbs, we go 400 combined and are very comfortable and the suspension holds us up well on my 137!