Summer Boredom........Gas Cans

jr37

Still using my red gas can from 1988. I bought it shorty after I got my Honda 250R, so I could mix gas for it. Had a couple of the government jugs. Now my favorite would be the LC2s. Humor me on this hot summer day. How old of one do you USE and what's your go to now?

Attachments

• 20240827_160151.jpg
    20240827_160151.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

wiscrev

All mine are the old style, hate the new ones. If/when I go to yard sales/auctions and see old 2 1/2 cans, I try and buy them. Spouts get old and broke but can be replaced.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check with your local Fleet Farm. In automotive, they sell nozzles with multiple collars for different threads and gaskets. They're about 12 to 15 dollars but then you can throw those ridiculous, push button, knuckle busting, government designed ones over the neighbor's fence.

mezz

I still have the first can I bought for sledding back in 1977. I bought it from the local Holiday Station in Hancock. It's a galvanized "Eagle" 6.3 gal can & I will never part with it. The new cans today suck. I do have a couple of simple 5 gal poly cans but nothing with the ridiculous spouts that they are sold with today. I guess the idea of keep it simple stupid (Kiss) went out the window with common sense.

hermie

I still have the first can I bought for sledding back in 1977. I bought it from the local Holiday Station in Hancock. It's a galvanized "Eagle" 6.3 gal can & I will never part with it. The new cans today suck. I do have a couple of simple 5 gal poly cans but nothing with the ridiculous spouts that they are sold with today. I guess the idea of keep it simple stupid (Kiss) went out the window with common sense.
Yeah those eagle cans are nice. My grandparents had them and I would fill them up to gas up the Scorpion and Johnson. Also the boat in the summer. Was always way cheaper to do that then gas up at the marina. Wish I had them.

mezz

Those are a better option than the others, however, those tend to split in the folds after a while, been there, and it always happens in the middle of use. I opted for the battery pumps for the ease of use, no lifting a 5 or 6 gal can to dispense the fuel.