SW Lower Michigan

Spikeyboy1

Lake effect has been hammering that area but has anyone actually rode the Edwardsburg,Niles,Sister Lakes area ?? looking to make a run over there next week

lak7

I road the very east side of trails - enough to ride.
Driving home today, it looks like Niles up to Sister Lakes should be decent - near whiteout closer to Lake Mich.
Keep in mind the wind was ripping today - the high fields were looking pretty thin.

Anyone ride the Buffalo Run trail system?
it was pretty thin on Saturday, but the ruts were filled in and there was snow to ride. Snowed Sunday 3-8", which I heard made it better. Now they're predicting 4-10" late wed- Friday morning. It all should be very ridable. But last I heard, IN will not fund the club to buy a groomer or pay for repairs, so do not expect to ride a flat groomed trail. It is what it is, and we're glad we still have a trail.

smitty440

Which area would be the best to unload from and ride? A few of us are planning on coming tomorrow from the suburbs of Chicago.
Thanks,
Pete

lak7

I have not ridden them this year, but Niles and Sister Lakes look to have a good amount of snow.

Snirtdawg

Pete, sister lakes marathon staging area or four flags snowmobile club parking in Niles. We are dropping in Thursday morning

latner

it was pretty thin on Saturday, but the ruts were filled in and there was snow to ride. Snowed Sunday 3-8", which I heard made it better. Now they're predicting 4-10" late wed- Friday morning. It all should be very ridable. But last I heard, IN will not fund the club to buy a groomer or pay for repairs, so do not expect to ride a flat groomed trail. It is what it is, and we're glad we still have a trail.

Well I guess the $30 I donated for trail grooming won't be enough to buy or fix a groomer, lol. We rode Sunday from the speedway to New Buffalo. A little thin until you got north of 20, but rideable. Got caught in the one heavy snow band around Three Oaks, was so heavy you could not see the trail, people ending up off trail and stuck. Went back out Monday and dropped at the Bungalow in Galien and rode south to 20 and back to New Buffalo. Saw the groomer both days in Michigan, trails are nice.

Snirtdawg

The trail that Latner is refering to is a seperate system that runs from New Buffalo through South Bend and twenty miles or so south of there yet. I don't think it connects into Niles, etc? Anybody?

latner

The trail that Latner is refering to is a seperate system that runs from New Buffalo through South Bend and twenty miles or so south of there yet. I don't think it connects into Niles, etc? Anybody?

you're correct, Niles trails are northeast of Buffalo Run and do not connect.