SW Wisconsin conditions

DEE

I was just thinking south and west of Washington county had a bit more snow. I am not set on a certain area. Just want to plan a day this sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Any specific area you rode in you think is better .

dan72499

this link should help you out. Doesn't look good for south central but you weren't specific to what area. I can tell you that dodge, washington, waukesha, jefferson, are very rideable right now. I have logged 200 miles in the last two days and rate them fair to good and excellent.

Link https://www.travelwisconsin.com/snowreport/snowmobile

south central is very good riding.a lot of these trails were groomed around blue mounds a week ago.probably better this weekend to ride there than the trails outside near madison. It's kinda like riding around eagle river vs phillips,wi. Not as much traffic.

pclark

As you are in Richfield, WI it would be a short distance for you to good riding trails.

Head over to Juneau, Clyman, Lebannon, Lowell, Reeseville, Beaver dam areas and you can put on some quality miles. Their trails were flat and fast for the most part and groomed on Wednesday of this week. No reason to think they won't continue to groom and looks like more snow coming Saturday into Sunday. Safe riding!

DEE

As you are in Richfield, WI it would be a short distance for you to good riding trails.

Head over to Juneau, Clyman, Lebannon, Lowell, Reeseville, Beaver dam areas and you can put on some quality miles. Their trails were flat and fast for the most part and groomed on Wednesday of this week. No reason to think they won't continue to groom and looks like more snow coming Saturday into Sunday. Safe riding!

Any suggestions on where to park trailer to unload for the day?

pclark

I ride out of my own property so I don't trailer often but there is a DNR parking lot just off north side of Highway 60 where it intersects with the Wild Goose Trail, Corridor 9 & 34 on the snowmobile maps. Other than that I would assume any bar would let you if you ask first and then perhaps buy a drink afterward. I would check out the towns on the maps in those areas and it should let you know where some establishments are and then call around.

DEE

I ride out of my own property so I don't trailer often but there is a DNR parking lot just off north side of Highway 60 where it intersects with the Wild Goose Trail, Corridor 9 & 34 on the snowmobile maps. Other than that I would assume any bar would let you if you ask first and then perhaps buy a drink afterward. I would check out the towns on the maps in those areas and it should let you know where some establishments are and then call around.

Is this just outside of Hustiford?

There is good riding near beaver dam? I'm in the Appleton area (and normally only ride north) and am wondering what's the closest place I have to trailer to and get to good snow? Any thoughts or directions would be great. Would like to at least do a day ride Saturday or Sunday. Thanks

timo

Im in Washgington county and it's all mint here. to the west and south as well.
Trails are hard packed and fast, for this area anyways.
I would say the cutoff point to drop for you would be southern fon du lac county. From there head south and south west. Don't think there is much snow from Mid fond du lac county and north. Don't ask me where to drop I leave from my house.

There is good riding near beaver dam? I'm in the Appleton area (and normally only ride north) and am wondering what's the closest place I have to trailer to and get to good snow? Any thoughts or directions would be great. Would like to at least do a day ride Saturday or Sunday. Thanks

DEE

If you want close to you, there is a large trailer parking lot on Hwy 41 at the Hwy K exit ( south of allenton, wi)

"Don't ask me where to drop I leave from my house"
Lol. I wish I had that problem. Thanks for the info. Am really considering trying it. It's intimidating because I have never really snowmobiled south of Oshkosh. I think if I can figure out where to drop off and then decide on a loop, I would be in business.

"If you want close to you, there is a large trailer parking lot on Hwy 41 at the Hwy K exit ( south of allenton, wi)"
This sounds familiar, but I can't figure it out on a map. Is this near Lomira and which side of 41? I see a KK and a K. It looks like KK and and 49 are the same (just differ if you are going E or W off of 41.) And then I'm assuming you would head West from there? Thanks again and sorry for all of the questions.

DEE

"Don't ask me where to drop I leave from my house"
Lol. I wish I had that problem. Thanks for the info. Am really considering trying it. It's intimidating because I have never really snowmobiled south of Oshkosh. I think if I can figure out where to drop off and then decide on a loop, I would be in business.

"If you want close to you, there is a large trailer parking lot on Hwy 41 at the Hwy K exit ( south of allenton, wi)"
This sounds familiar, but I can't figure it out on a map. Is this near Lomira and which side of 41? I see a KK and a K. It looks like KK and and 49 are the same (just differ if you are going E or W off of 41.) And then I'm assuming you would head West from there? Thanks again and sorry for all of the questions.

It is south of lomira. Look for a town called St. Lawnrence on the map. It is on the west side of the highway. It is near a bar/restaurant called MJ Steven's Pub and Grill. Not sure if they are a sponsor on the washington county map.

timo

yes,
this would be a good spot for you to drop snow addict, its right on the trail and can point in any direction and go.
No need to be intimidated, you'll run into civilization every couple miles.

If you want close to you, there is a large trailer parking lot on Hwy 41 at the Hwy K exit ( south of allenton, wi)

yes,
this would be a good spot for you to drop snow addict, its right on the trail and can point in any direction and go.
No need to be intimidated, you'll run into civilization every couple miles.

Awesome. Lol. I can't find my way out of a paper bag. According to Google maps, it will be about hour to trailer there (although I actually think it will be less.) Any suggestions for loops to do? Not looking for high miles, just a couple of stops along the way, and grab lunch somewhere. Or any idea where a guy can grab a local trail map? This is why this site is excellent!

DEE

LOL, we use GPS on the sleds so I am not sure who has maps. There is a gas station next to the parking lot and they are on the snowmobile map, they might have them. Just 1-2 miles north is MJ Steven's Pub which has really good sandwiches. If you go west you will get into Dodge County which I have heard has really good trails as well.

timo

Yes wanna go west. Lot more open space. North is less snow. East you have to go a mile or 2 and the trail goes under 41 thru a tunnel that takes you on the other side. But then your options are limited because there’s not much in the way trails going east.
Stay west lots of open fields, different trail options make a loop going south then head back north.
There is trail maps at the gas station where you drop

DEE

If you head south from the dropoff point you can go to an area called "holy hill". It is labeled on the map as such. Rolling hills and a beautiful church set on top of a hill.