SW Wisconsin conditions

DEE

Head south from the drop of point through a town called Slinger. Then head south through Richfield, WI. In Hubertus, WI you will find a really good place to eat called "Sloppy Joe" It is on the corner of Hubertus road and Scenic Road easy to find. The trail comes in the north side and sloppy joe's is on the south side of the road. After your bit to eat you just head a bit west and you will get to the Holy hill area.

pclark

Download Polaris Ride Command APP on your phone. Trails, gas, restaurants are noted on the map.

Great info guys. Thanks for the suggestions. Will pick up a map right when we drop off. Found one on web, but its kinda tiny and hard to read, but I get the idea. Will try the Holy Hill loop then.

Had a good overall trip yesterday. Only negative was poor marked trails and lack of an accurate map. Also, learned if you want to use the park and ride with anything bigger than a 2 place clamshell trailer, you better get there early. Luckily, there was still room at the gas station down the road. Both maps I got there were not accurate, however. We ended up going to St. Lawrence, Pike Lake, Holy Hill, Richfield, and Hartford. Also, met some nice people, whom helped us figure out where we were going. Lol. Plenty of snow for the most part. Some without a base and some snirty. Nothing I would complain about, considering distance from home and that it was the first real ride of the season for us. Thanks again to all here for the suggestions.

DEE

I was out in the same area's as well. I wish they would have groomed during the day yesterday but they usually go out at night.

scoot

Just got back from our place up north and conditions down here in Southern Wisconsin are epic in comparison. Even my wife's little snow gauge is getting a workout. :encouragement:
snnooww.jpg

Groomed southern Sheboygan county for our clubs, last night when temps were lower. They are epic!!
Everyone I spoken with are happy to ride close to home, with 2020 issues many places are happy to have this income as well.
Enjoy as this doesn't happen often, support the local business, They support the clubs

440_chazz

Had a good overall trip yesterday. Only negative was poor marked trails and lack of an accurate map. Also, learned if you want to use the park and ride with anything bigger than a 2 place clamshell trailer, you better get there early. Luckily, there was still room at the gas station down the road. Both maps I got there were not accurate, however. We ended up going to St. Lawrence, Pike Lake, Holy Hill, Richfield, and Hartford. Also, met some nice people, whom helped us figure out where we were going. Lol. Plenty of snow for the most part. Some without a base and some snirty. Nothing I would complain about, considering distance from home and that it was the first real ride of the season for us. Thanks again to all here for the suggestions.

Member of St. Lawrence club here. The park n ride at CTH K and 41 and Addison Station (gas station) is a popular spot to drop off. So much so that the state is allowing it to be turned into a funded state corridor trail, hopefully next year it is approved. It links up with Trail 7 and Trail 34. Don't know what the number will be but the funding is welcomed. We saw Eagle River during the snowmobile derby type traffic over the weekend and that trail got pounded. The hardwood patches between fields are dirt now and yesterday with the sun had some snow burn off to bare ground. Hoping the snow this week helps. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Every year we and surrounding clubs wonder why keep up the amount of effort we put in for minimal snow or short duration opening or not even opening at all. But this year appears to be paying off.

A shortfall I noticed were the restaurants and bars. I don't think they were prepared for the influx of snowmobilers that wiped them out of food and long wait times for food. It was good to see snowmobiles parked at the establishments down here. Sorry about the map...LOL. The county association that prints them does not update the changes every year.....cost savings....because how often are we open....and how often does southern Wisconsin have the most snow in the state?

Last edited:
Member of St. Lawrence club here. The park n ride at CTH K and 41 and Addison Station (gas station) is a popular spot to drop off. So much so that the state is allowing it to be turned into a funded state corridor trail, hopefully next year it is approved. It links up with Trail 7 and Trail 34. Don't know what the number will be but the funding is welcomed. We saw Eagle River during the snowmobile derby type traffic over the weekend and that trail got pounded. The hardwood patches between fields are dirt now and yesterday with the sun had some snow burn off to bare ground. Hoping the snow this week helps. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Every year we and surrounding clubs wonder why keep up the amount of effort we put in for minimal snow or short duration opening or not even opening at all. But this year appears to be paying off.

A shortfall I noticed were the restaurants and bars. I don't think they were prepared for the influx of snowmobilers that wiped them out of food and long wait times for food. It was good to see snowmobiles parked at the establishments down here. Sorry about the map...LOL. The county association that prints them does not update the changes every year.....cost savings....because how often are we open....and how often does southern Wisconsin have the most snow in the state?

Appreciate the hard work you do. Incoming snow should freshen everything up again. Nice for you to finally have a good season again. Will probably trek down south again this coming Friday. Would like to try another area/s for different scenery again. Have to get some more input here for more suggestions. Looks like even more areas are open too now.

Friday rode from Adell to Kolhsville for lunch, north to Campbellsport, Dundee and back, trails were great, nice new snow to make more base.
Rode farm fields, railroad grade, lots of twisty woods trails, and swamps.
trails right to gas stations, and local club supporters.
Enjoy southern Wisconsin!!

kevinj

Just got back from a 4 day weekend down in Mineral Point. They have a ton of snow. We touched 9 counties around the area. Iowa, Lafayette, Green and Dane were the best. We rode the NE corner and eastern edge of Grant. They usually groom mid week for the weekend. Plenty of snow and more keeps drifting onto the trails. Note - The trail from Grant Coutny through Rewey back towards Mineral Point is closed. It seemed to dead end in town. We did find an arrow and a locked gate with no other tracks once we went through town, but we went back and came back through Belmont.

All of the grade trails were in really nice shape too...Military Ridge (Dodgeville to Verona), Pecatonica, Cheese trail, Badger, sugar bush, etc)