Sway Bar Install 2002 Polaris XC SP 800

Snirtdawg

My buddy snapped his sway (torsion) bar off on the one side. To replace and install a new bar, does the engine need to be removed? This model uses a one piece bar that extends into both trailing arms. Any help would be appreciated.

rp7x

may have to pull motor , but drill out the rivets on the bushings first maybe enuf or not

indy_500

Shouldn't need to pull the motor. Drill out the rivets pull sway bar and install and re-rivet. I would recommend replacing the bushings.

polarisrider1

Shouldn't need to pull the motor. Drill out the rivets pull sway bar and install and re-rivet. I would recommend replacing the bushings.
Indy you never stop impressing me. Also add to replace the plastic part that goes into the trailing arm. Sometimes it takes a bit of wiggling to work the sway bar out if it is bent.

treetrunk

did you guys get the sway bar replaced? I have to do it on my sled as well just wondering if there are any tips that i might need?

polarisrider1

did you guys get the sway bar replaced? I have to do it on my sled as well just wondering if there are any tips that i might need?
wiggle like crazy, it will come out. kinda like one of those "bent wire games". Don't pull the motor, then you will have the hassle of aligning the clutches back up. I put a floor jack under the center of sled and let the skis hang a bit to get out. NOW????? why do we call it a sway bar?????? when it creates "anti sway".

700classic

[QUOTE NOW????? why do we call it a sway bar?????? when it creates "anti sway".[/QUOTE]Too many people couldn't spell aunty?