Sylvania Wilderness Area

Magnumb

Hello,

We are leaving for Bass/Northern fishing trip and heading to Sylvania in the U.P. After reading all the rules that they have I'm thinking it would not work for us.
Is there another area in the Land O' Lakes area that allows camping directly on a lake with gas motors allowed and has decent fishing? I noticed Crooked lake has camping and fishing but I hear the fishing is terrible and the lake may be too big for our inflatable boat:)

Last edited:

racerx

I do not think you will find any 'camping' lakes in the area but I could be wrong. You may have to go to one of the resorts and see if they allow camping, Cisco chain, Lac Vieux Desert lake. Mrs Running Bear will most likely chime in here as I'm sure she will know for sure.

mrsrunningbear

North Shore campground on Lac Vieux Desert (906)544-2188 but thats a big lake
wondering... do you want electric or water or showers?

if not the Paulding Pond north of watersmeet has primitive sites on water good bass and trout fishing in there. Bond Falls/Flowage has sites too on the water they have out houses and a water pump good northern and bass but bond is kinda big if the winds blowing. Thats all I know on water

we have a campground with water and electric, but its not on water
but we are close to many little lakes you can lake hop to if you can haul your boat

hope this helps

Magnumb

We have decided to portage to Loon Lake with 500 lbs of gear:). This should be one heck of an adventure. The Pauling Pond area also sounds good.

My Gradmother lived on Lac Vieux Desert near the Indians and that lake is a little to big for our raft.

Do you think we really need to pull our cooler up into a tree to keep bears away?

Magnumb

Boat

Our transportion. 600 lbs of gear and 500 lbs of humans. 2 1/2 miles of rowing and a 99 rod portage.

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 28