Taylor and Clark County

MKW

Just wondering how the trails are in Taylor and Clark county? Was going to ride up to Rib Lake area from Eau Claire tommorow afternoon. My friends up around Medford area are telling me the grooming has been far and few between.. Not sure what the issue is there? Anybody been up there lately and have any info on trail conditions??

WorkHardPlayHrd

I can tell you that the trail crossing hwy 10 between Fairchild and Neilsville was groomed, and around Granton was groomed from the road. Went through there around 4:00.

02Bracing

They must have came thru between you and me, I left Marshfield at 3:00 and the crossing east of Granton had sled tracks, but was not groomed and the trail around the farm equipment lot had no tracks at all. The crossing west of Granton thru the Amish farm we not groomed. The crossing by Neilsville had been run thru with the groomer but no drag. The parking lot west of Neilsville was groomed. The groomer was coming thru the field without a drag along 94 by Osseo.

whitehorse

Rode up to Rock Dam area today, put on around 80 miles. County was out grooming up that way, they groomed to Hatfield yesterday. The country was having issues with their piston bully today so they didn't get much done today the way it sounds. They were going back out with the tractor to try and finish grooming. Greenwood groomed their trails before last nights snow. Sounds like most of Clark County is groomed or rolled, alot of drifting and it was blowing today, so what got groomed was getting blown shut today. Hopefully most clubs in Clark and surrounding counties will have everything groomed by the weekend. Going out Friday will report back on Friday night on that ride.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Excellent, that means he's heading my way I'll be able to check on the way home. Have to start breaking through things. The road banks are going to be a terror in some spots.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Just spoke to a group of snowmobilers out of Rock Dam in Clark county. Said trails were beautiful and had all been groomed between Rock Dam and Osseo. Broke down drag a few miles west of Fairchild. Well marked.

old abe

Sounds like it is time to head up there! How bad is the "bluff, and hill country going to be to ride?

whitehorse

I rode to Hatfield, BRF, to Cataract (Monroe Cty) back up to Millston to Hatfield and Neillsville.....beautiful trails all day and both Jackson and Clark County have been doing a great job of grooming the county forest (NO ATVs!) If you want to ride this area, now is the time as it's just sleds out there. Rock Dam area is great as mentioned above...rode many trails today that I was first or one of the first tracks on the trail...snowing now 4-5" today and tonight the way it looks.
A buddy rode in Trempealeau County on Thursday and they turned around as nothing was groomed and they didn't have mt. sleds! They went back into Jackson Cty and trails were very good.