Tek Vest...recommendations????

snobinge

I am looking at getting a Tek Vest and am looking for recommendations of what brand everyone likes. I am not a small guy; 230lbs. I am looking for what brand is the most comfortable yet still offers great protection. I heard sixsixone is nice...Klim?????
Thanks in advance for the input

nitroman

I wear the Tekvest Freestyle very comfy and a good insulator as well. Plus it takes the backpack load off my shoulders. Picked it up for $150 new last year from a local dealer.

zaskar

I wear a Klim and it is very comfortable. Dont even notice it is on.

I have gotten friendly with a tree or 2 and one time I hit an ice buckle and got slammed into the bars. Without the tek i am pretty sure broken ribs would have been involved in every incident. I never ride without it now. It also adds to core warmth.

Last edited:

polarisrider1

I wear the Klim Tekvest. Money well spent the way I ride. lol Order the XL and you will be fine. They have a lot of adjustment.

rcskidoo

I have the bee wear tek vest...It is very comfortable. It does worked..Saved me from a stump and when I landed on my running boards. I got one after I knocked myself out and hurt my back and neck..almost broke it. I hit a fire pit with my ski (over I went)that was under six inches of fresh..We stay at a campground and just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.. Only problem is if you off trail ride, you will get warm so dress lightly...

rc

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the Klim Tekvest, before that I had the super sport tekvest. Will not ride without it.

whitedust

I use sixsixone core protector because it breaths & I go about 220 lbs & need to vent heat. At 230lbs I would look at sixsixone pressure suits. sixsixone runs a bit on the small side I thought. Any protection is better than none.