Thank you Northwoods- see ya next year!

nic

Returned from my 3rd & final trip this year yesterday. I just wanted to give a big 'thanks' to the Northwoods, the business owners, fellow riders, John Dee & the site members for another great season.

First trip was New Years to St Germain- not too much riding, but had fun on my new sled and great times w/ great friends.

Trip 2 was a big group to LandOLakes just a few weeks ago. It had been YEARs since I had ridden w/a lot of the gang, and even longer since we were all there together. Too many good stories to share (see the 'how to tick off a groomer' thread for one story).

Trip 3 was just the hubby and I to Paulding MI (RunningBear Resort) this past weekend. The trails were AMAZING. We finally did some serious riding- 500 miles in 2 days and it was awesome. We were kind of lame and were back and watching the Olympics by 9pm each night, but hey- that's what happens when you have little kids and don't sleep much.

All in all- it was a great year. With previously mentioned little ones, it's been a few years since we were able to do 3 trips. We did not see DNR. We did not get run over by throttle jockeys. We had no crashes. We had no breakdowns. I love this sport!

As a bonus, this site provided a TON of useful info. John's forecasts, all of the posters live trail & condition reports, and general fun stories. Looking forward 10 months to next season.

So for all of you that still have trips planned- or are business owners up there- I'm wishing for a few more weeks of winter in the Northwoods. But for me, bring on 80 & sunny- I'm ready for boating!

favoritos

I would concur on all the postive notes. We have had a great year riding up there too.

Still hoping to get in one more trip though.

fire126

I will being coming up this weekend to Handcock for my third trip. Then the following weekend with the guys for one last trip of the season.

Think Snow!!!
Live The Dream!!!

StreetnSnow

Absolutely. Always love heading up north! This week will be my 3rd & possibly last trip of the year. I know the other 2 were better for having info from John & the people on this board.

Cat Woman

Agreed! We are heading up to the Keeweenaw for our 3rd & final trip next week. Excited to go but sad that another season will be over.

Banjo Man

Just got back from 4th trip this year and for all the wierd weather we've had
the trails were just fantastic.
Thanks to all who made that possible.

F

fusion

I rode last weekend, central and southern Vilas Cty. 35 & sunny Friday, 35 Sat. Trails were real good in some areas and absolute toast in others. I am done unless they get a foot and some cold weather. You can't go near the towns, trails are down to dirt and road trails are bare. Once again a pretty rough year other than late Dec. to mid Jan.

indy_500

lucky! i only got to go up north once and that was for 1 day and for only 150 miles. took off in the truck at 6 and returned at like 8 at night. not really considered up north though because i didn't stay overnight there