The 2021-2022 pre season (Tomahawk Area)

attakman

It is getting closer....we did a ton of brushing here in the Tomahawk area (between the three clubs)...had some issues with beavers this year, had to get a trapper into a couple of areas and bust up some beaver dams...major pain in the butt..but it was handled. I went out with the guys for a full day of brushing last month (we hit the trails mainly to the east and north east of Tomahawk)...I can honestly say my old bones were sore and tired after that 8 hours..lol

So the trails have been prepped, and now we just await snow and ice....we are off to a great start with ice...already three inches of ice behind the sports center...nokomis is freezing up nicely, as is lake alice (it was 9 degrees this morning)...while there isn't much snow in the forecast, we should have decent ice making weather, with lows in the teens to low 20s over night the next 7 to 10 days....which is good as we need the ice first, and it always takes longer for the bigger swamps to freeze.

So...we are off to a good start...provided we don't get any huge storms with high winds, between now and the opening of the trails...we should be good to go.

attakman

The good news is...we started making good ice...guys have been ice fishing in the bays on Nokomis, and lake alice...the bad news is we got pounded by the recent storm...8-11 inches in the area...I try to never complain about snow...BUT...this is going to hamper the ice making process..its gonna be cold the next 3 days which helps...but mid to upper 30s starting next weekend and all the way into next week

SledNorthWI

I am hearing the Tomahawk are got around 11” of snow Friday/Saturday, does any one know how thick the ice is on the Spirit Flowage?

attakman

I am hearing the Tomahawk are got around 11” of snow Friday/Saturday, does any one know how thick the ice is on the Spirit Flowage?
We have 15 to 20 inches of snow on the ground in the Tomahawk area...however most lakes are NOT safe...guys have been ice fishing in the bays on area lakes and reporting 4 to 5 inches of ice...but with the recent heavy snowfall, and forecasted warm weather /rain...I wouldn't trust any ice...certainly not to ride on

SledNorthWI

We have 15 to 20 inches of snow on the ground in the Tomahawk area...however most lakes are NOT safe...guys have been ice fishing in the bays on area lakes and reporting 4 to 5 inches of ice...but with the recent heavy snowfall, and forecasted warm weather /rain...I wouldn't trust any ice...certainly not to ride on
Thank you for the update, I will definitely be staying off the lakes.