the 5-10 day is looking encouraging!!

Mr. JD finally has a forecast to get a chub about!!....lets hope that keeps getting better!! we're gonna try to go up january 12th cross your fingers!!

D

Deleted member 10829

We go up for our annual week the 14th of January, so hoping it gets better too. We need snow other places than the UP too or it will be a zoo up there!

M

Mattarsc

I was actually getting a little excited when LES flashed across my computer screen but we will believe it when I see it. Warnings are out though close to the lake. Snow totals predicted aren't enough yet.

arcticgeorge

It's a start! Not much expected but nice to see this from NWS........................................................................... "1 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED ON TUESDAY IN NUMEROUS LAKE
EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL BE IN THE MORNING WITH
THE HEAVIEST AMOUNTS IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF THE GOGEBIC RANGE
AND THE SPINE OF THE KEWEENAW PENINSULA FROM IRONWOOD TO
BERGLAND...ROCKLAND...DONKEN...HOUGHTON AND PHOENIX. THE LAKE
EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL DIMINISH IN INTENSITY TUESDAY AFTERNOON"

Last edited:

Jonger1150

The real wrinkle in all of this is the potential warm-ups at the 10 day mark. Its a pattern with no north atlantic blocking... Weather systems and cold pools of air just push off the eastern coast of Canada and never get the chance to drain into the country.

Cat Woman

We are coming up this Saturday and staying thru the 4th. If John's forcast comes true we are going to be a VERY lucky and happy group. Can't wait!