The big Horns

L

lenny

the Big Horns are a popular place close to ride and is usually tracked up but you need to go further away and look around to find the good stuff. A 121 could have followed us to many places and had lots of fun but as a trail rider transitions to Mtn riding, the desire to go up gets stronger and stronger and before you know it you really need a longer track sled. I love to cut between the trees and it's deep there and add incline to it and now you have a combination where a more suitable sled would suffice. Can a shorty ride out there sure but can you really exploit the short track real fast,,,easily! Byrn71 just got a new Pro Rmk and just came off a crossfire and he says it's a big advantage where he can go and this boy is a very skilled rider. I wouldn't consider going out there with a 121 as I know what my limitations are and it would be cut down severely on a shorty.

I get a thrill when I see a line and am challenged not knowing if I will manage the terrain or not. Trail riding offers no more thrill to me and the MTN is never going to loose it's thrill,,,no matter how long a track

Last edited:
L

lenny

an out-west trip will probably be a annual thing now as I am totally hooked

skiroule

Man! I have to get back to the mountains before I'm shopping for my next vehicle at the Scooter Store. Spent a night at a lodge in the Big Horns on a ski trip a few years back (Meadowlark Lodge, I think). Awesome area.

The Big Horns are only about a 12 hour drive for me. There's just no excuse.

ezra

Man! I have to get back to the mountains

The Big Horns are only about a 12 hour drive for me. There's just no excuse.
I think Red lodge is even faster through ND no dinking around through the black hills. and less tracked up most of the time.
and hey lenny what were all u guys doing on that hill getting sleds un stuck . looked like a bad buzz waiting to happen 3 guys buried alive.

L

lenny

I think Red lodge is even faster through ND no dinking around through the black hills. and less tracked up most of the time.
and hey lenny what were all u guys doing on that hill getting sleds un stuck . looked like a bad buzz waiting to happen 3 guys buried alive.

which pic?

ezra

post 5 pick 4&5 .I am no one's mother but looks like heavy trees on both sides just a few tinny trees in the center kinda steep and wide open at the bottom.
then 3 guys 2 sleds in the same spot.
snow looks well set but still u never know. a beacon will do no good if every one wearing one in under the snow.

L

lenny

post 5 pick 4&5 .I am no one's mother but looks like heavy trees on both sides just a few tinny trees in the center kinda steep and wide open at the bottom.
then 3 guys 2 sleds in the same spot.
snow looks well set but still u never know. a beacon will do no good if every one wearing one in under the snow.

yea, that was a cool spot and extreme. I suppose it could let loose but that's the risk we take I guess, you mess with the bull and you just may get the horns

byrn71

yea, that was a cool spot and extreme. I suppose it could let loose but that's the risk we take I guess, you mess with the bull and you just may get the horns

That spot was full of trees. The pic is actually showing another part of the area. The picture makes look a lot different than actual. I take avalanches seriously and definitely never want to experience that in my life.