The dee's new home

krupps_resort

We have all been watching your project and oh! what a project. You are all going to love your new home with all the roomy space. Are you concerned that you won't be able to find each other? I am thinking Gracie wil probably come up with some "hiding places." Huck & Millie will have to turn up their pace to know where all 3 of you are. This has been rather exciting for us to watch the progress. Thank you for sharing. Gonna be a beautiful home. Lots of work followed by a lot of enjoyment.

Last edited:

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. Sometimes I feel like I should have just swallowed some pride and subbed out most of the work, but I'm a slow learner! It's been a lot of work and a lot more ahead, but the rewards will be worth it. Not quite sure what we will do with all the new space, but I am sure Gracie and the pups will figure something out pretty quickly!

-John

EDV

Can apreciate

DITTO--- JOHN---Great Planning, looks like it was alway's one house!

I can appreciate all your work on the addition.I started a small kitchen project (buying new appliances) ended up remodeling entire kitchen.Every phase of project had some sort of problem,refridgerator did not fit in the nook,previous owner did not believe in demo work (three layers of wall,ceiling and floors) kitchen is three inches bigger know, live electrical circuits buried behind wall,plumbing not vented properly. These are just a few things but finally after four weeks just have paint and floor to do and finally can install new appliances.I to a little hard headed and did the work myself.

polarisrider1

Thanks. Sometimes I feel like I should have just swallowed some pride and subbed out most of the work, but I'm a slow learner! It's been a lot of work and a lot more ahead, but the rewards will be worth it. Not quite sure what we will do with all the new space, but I am sure Gracie and the pups will figure something out pretty quickly!

-John

I would come up and do your tile at discount. I have unfinished work just down the street from you. Talk about patience with them! if you need anything in that dept. let me know.

radsrh

I hear you with the wire, did the same thing. Cutting with the long demo blade and next thing you know sparks are flying :)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Everyone!

PR1- Right now it does not look like we will have much to do, an 8x12 foyer with slate and maybe some work in the master bath. I will get in touch with you via e mail about things. Thanks for offering!

radsrh- It was an AFCI circuit, so not a lot of fireworks, but enough to let me know something happened!

-John

polarisrider1

Thanks Everyone!

PR1- Right now it does not look like we will have much to do, an 8x12 foyer with slate and maybe some work in the master bath. I will get in touch with you via e mail about things. Thanks for offering!

radsrh- It was an AFCI circuit, so not a lot of fireworks, but enough to let me know something happened!

-John

Sounds good.

Cat_man

John, as already mentioned above, the addition looks great and I really do look forward to Sunday journal entries. I actually have a tradition of holding off until Monday and read/look at the pics during my lunch break. Can I assume that you'll add all of your pictures in the "Construction Albums" when all is said and done?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I do plan to put all the pictures into the construction album and then hopefully close that album to further chapters for a while!!!

Maybe start a custom furniture album!

-John

Just curious John, what square footage were you starting with and then going to end with. Looks like your at least doubling your living space.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious John, what square footage were you starting with and then going to end with. Looks like your at least doubling your living space.

We started out with around 1100 square feet and will be ending up with around 2800.

-John

eagle1

Hardly recognize the place from the outside! Cant wait to see a before and after pics when it's done!

Keep up the great job John!! Just don't over do it (i see you posted at 3 am.) Health first and foremost!!!

John, the place looks great, keep up the good work.

Just a quick footnote, throughout the years I owned a couple homes that had hardwood floors. I always installed central vacuum, makes life a lot easier for the 'cleaner' of the house, especially when pets are involved! Even if you decide not to install the unit, you can always plumb the piping into the walls and install the unit at a later date.

Good luck with the remainder of the project.

HH

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks HH.

I am sure it will be something that down the road we wish we did, but we actually did not open up all the walls in the existing place, so some rooms would have been without the plumbing. Plus, the addition is already insulated with spray foam, so too late for that. We do have a good vacuum though (cost more than my first car) and Nora has trained me well in how to use it! :)

-John

jr37

Looks like some nice progress on the new kitchen.

I'm thinking we should have a "house warming party" when the house is done. What do you think John, what do think have having a little party with 17,000 of your not so close friends?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like some nice progress on the new kitchen.

I'm thinking we should have a "house warming party" when the house is done. What do you think John, what do think have having a little party with 17,000 of your not so close friends?

I am thinking of having a "wrap" party for those that helped work on the place once it is all done. If I have enough energy left!

-John

carter

Really didn't know where to post this........If you are interested in that rocking suspension you looked at give Ted George a call daytime is 307-733-5959. I told him you may call so he has your name.