The dee's new home

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Really didn't know where to post this........If you are interested in that rocking suspension you looked at give Ted George a call daytime is 307-733-5959. I told him you may call so he has your name.

Thanks Carter.

-John

Bradzoo

The house is looking GREAT John, the stain and trim really made the outside all come together. Think you need a vacation more than I do, great work!

Bradzoo

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bradzoo!

It is finally starting to look like we had dreamed it would and are all excited to see the final product.

-John

kevinj

John - Amazing work throughout. The front of house shot makes me wonder (and maybe you too) how did the 3 of you survive in the "small" first house??!!!

I did have a few questions on the laminate. You mentioned you went with a higher end laminate...Do you mind saying the brand name? Did it have a pre-installed/manufactured pad on the back? What is the overall thickness (with and without pad)?

Let it snow!!!

Kevin

jd

Administrator
Staff member
John - Amazing work throughout. The front of house shot makes me wonder (and maybe you too) how did the 3 of you survive in the "small" first house??!!!

I did have a few questions on the laminate. You mentioned you went with a higher end laminate...Do you mind saying the brand name? Did it have a pre-installed/manufactured pad on the back? What is the overall thickness (with and without pad)?

Let it snow!!!

Kevin

Hi Kevin.

Now that we can see what we had and are going to have in just one view, both Nora and I wonder how we survived in the "small" first place as well!

The laminate we used was from Lowes and is their Allen and Roth line. It was priced about the same as all the others like Pergo, etc... It does have a pre-installed pad, although we will still need to put down a 4-6 mil vapor barrier over the concrete slab before putting the laminate down. The thickness is 10 mm.

-John

frnash

New "Front of House Shot"?

John, now that the Woods Cam is back in "da woods", It must be time for a fresh "Front of House Shot"? (BTW, I like the blue leaves on the woods cam.)

The house looks great! It is so very "UP", with all that beautiful wood, and hardly any drywall in sight! I do remember you saying in your journal that "… all of the drywall work we did will either be covered by cabinets or backsplash material."

Just one question: I have been wondering how that "gully" between the old and new roofs[SUP]1[/SUP] is going to handle a good snow load, it looks like the snow load will be shed through quite a narrow slot. How is that going to work? I'm sure you have considered this in the design, your thoughts?

[[SUP]1[/SUP] a curious plural form: hoof, hooves; but roof, "rooves"? and also leaf, "leafs"? Nope! ;)]

jd

Administrator
Staff member
John, now that the Woods Cam is back in "da woods", It must be time for a fresh "Front of House Shot"? (BTW, I like the blue leaves on the woods cam.)

The house looks great! It is so very "UP", with all that beautiful wood, and hardly any drywall in sight! I do remember you saying in your journal that "… all of the drywall work we did will either be covered by cabinets or backsplash material."

Just one question: I have been wondering how that "gully" between the old and new roofs[SUP]1[/SUP] is going to handle a good snow load, it looks like the snow load will be shed through quite a narrow slot. How is that going to work? I'm sure you have considered this in the design, your thoughts?

[[SUP]1[/SUP] a curious plural form: hoof, hooves; but roof, "rooves"? and also leaf, "leafs"? Nope! ;)]

You are not the only one that is wondering how that gully between the roofs will handle the snow. It will come off the existing almost immediately. We never had more than a few inches on the 12/12 any of the winters so far. The 7/12 of the main house should also clear OK, but the 4/12 of the foyer may need some help, plus, I suspect that the valley will likely get clogged from time to time, so I will have to break out the roof rake. The bigger question will be how to remove the snow that falls off the roof onto the ground. The talk around town is to get a John Deere 2305 or something similar with both the blower and bucket for the front.

I guess the bottom line is we'll see!

-John

garyl62

You are not the only one that is wondering how that gully between the roofs will handle the snow. It will come off the existing almost immediately. We never had more than a few inches on the 12/12 any of the winters so far. The 7/12 of the main house should also clear OK, but the 4/12 of the foyer may need some help, plus, I suspect that the valley will likely get clogged from time to time, so I will have to break out the roof rake. The bigger question will be how to remove the snow that falls off the roof onto the ground. The talk around town is to get a John Deere 2305 or something similar with both the blower and bucket for the front.

I guess the bottom line is we'll see!

-John

Sounds like that's a great reason to get a new piece of equipment if you just skip telling Nora that last sentence! :)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like that's a great reason to get a new piece of equipment if you just skip telling Nora that last sentence! :)

It has already been approved by upper management. Just need the fund allocation.

-John

Woodtic

Thinking outside the box,build a slay with tall sides. Park the slay under that area,when it fills up,pull it into the woods with the atv,and dump it. I would get the compact tractor anyway,every man needs one.

frnash

Thinking outside the box,build a slay [?] with tall sides. Park the slay [?]under that area,when it fills up,pull it into the woods with the atv,and dump it. I would get the compact tractor anyway,every man needs one.

Slay? Oh you sleigh me! :cool:

Woodtic

Frnash, I blame it on the pop corn butter all over my I Pad. Spelling is hard enough,then grease up the playing field???