the Marenisco Mini Mart

upsledder

Yes, I was there and talking to the new owner last Friday night. They were selling gas but there was nothing in the store yet. Can't remember when he said he'd be fully stocked.

Thank you. I saw it was open on grooming report, but wanted to be sure. Now if only the economy can/will support them enough to stay open.

Skidooski

As the ex-owner of a country convenience store, the gas purchases are definitely welcome, however the mark-up on gas is low, 6%, and that profit is gobbled up by all the regulatory fees and crap that have to be paid out just to have gas on the premises for sale. If you really want to support this store, get your gas and grab some pop, candy bars, etc. If possible, get some of your groceries and beer there, those items have a higher mark-up and that's what pays the light and electric bills. My wife and I actually drive out of our way, pay the higher prices (it's a convenience store not a Cub Foods) to support the store we used to own.

upsledder

If you really want to support this store, get your gas and grab some pop, candy bars, etc. If possible, get some of your groceries and beer there, those items have a higher mark-up and that's what pays the light and electric bills.

I know of a few places in Wisconsin where the only thing that pays the electric bills are the video poker machines.

hegewisch

I am glad its open. I never saw a For Sale or, Lease sign on it so, I was always puzzled. The need for a store in Marenisco was /is great.