The Season in Review with Pictures

elf

HA - I have been considering the correct tool for the job, even if I wouldn't ride it more than a couple weekends a year. I seem to find this deep stuff more frequently than I should with my 137" trail sled....
A 137" would be fine, just not that suspension. Or just go buy yourself an Assault and put a 2" track on it. Then you'll be rocking! We are heading up Friday, hopefully we get some fresh snow up there!

old abe

Y
I've heard good things and thanks for the tip. I need to wait to see if this reoccurs. If not, then I'm good to go. I pushed things a bit yesterday with some landscaping and it felt fine today. Glad to have you back with us, Abe.
Good luck Gary! However if interested, you should be able to find the Teeter's with 60 to 90 days full money back guarantees, that includes free pickup return.

xcr440

Love this place! Hope being sold to Lutsen doesn't affect it's snowmobile friendliness.
Been going to Bruce’s place for a good 10, maybe 15 years now. Bruce was told they aren’t planning on any changes, in fact his hired help is staying on with new ownership, and was even offered full benefits as part of the transfer.

I think what we will find is it may be harder to book a room based on occupancy, as this will now be Lutsen’s first recommendation off the hill itself. If I understand correctly (based on my calling around over the years) they don’t have anything to rent besides on the ski hill itself.
74E4AF80-30D5-4E51-9B10-0BC222DD7B72.jpeg
0100C270-30C9-404F-BD53-78A6CC0E13F0.jpeg

Northstar

Love this place! Hope being sold to Lutsen doesn't affect it's snowmobile friendliness.
Isn't Lutsen owned by the same guy/Charles Skinner that bought Indianhead and shut down the trail? He did not seem snowmobile friendly after that acquisition.

xcr440

Isn't Lutsen owned by the same guy/Charles Skinner that bought Indianhead and shut down the trail? He did not seem snowmobile friendly after that acquisition.
Yes he is. And he's tried things up around Lutsen, but so far has not been able to wield his evil control, due to the big trail being the STATE trail, and they aren't giving up what they view as one of their crown jewels in MN.

600_RMK_144

I've probably posted a couple of these already, but this will put them in the right thread to bug out on in July. Absolutely INSANE season in The Black Hills and they actually just got another big dump yesterday 4/4/2023 (12-18"). Worked out perfectly with my kid getting his first full blown mountain sled and our favorite riding area having their best season in a long, long time. That kind of stuff never works out for me!

We were out there pretty much every-other-weekend prior to New Years thru Spring Break. One trip I drove home on a Monday and headed back out that same Friday. LOL! Probably should have dropped the trailer somewhere out there to give the truck a tow break and save some cash on fuel. Oh, well. It was an epic season! One we will be talking about for a long, long time!!!!!

Attachments

• Black Fox.jpg
    Black Fox.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Cement Ridge.jpg
    Cement Ridge.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • Nick - Trench.jpg
    Nick - Trench.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
  • Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 42
  • Dances with Wolves.jpg
    Dances with Wolves.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 37
  • Rock Formation.jpg
    Rock Formation.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • Rock formation2.jpg
    Rock formation2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 55

skiroule

Keep the photos coming! I like em’ all.

4/6/23 – Guess it ain’t over til’ it’s over. Spring snow looks innocent enough but….
IMG_2260_1.jpg

Run out of rider talent in the wrong spot and it’s a long way down to solid ground. The shovel saw some use.
IMG_2255_1.jpg

elf

I've probably posted a couple of these already, but this will put them in the right thread to bug out on in July. Absolutely INSANE season in The Black Hills and they actually just got another big dump yesterday 4/4/2023 (12-18"). Worked out perfectly with my kid getting his first full blown mountain sled and our favorite riding area having their best season in a long, long time. That kind of stuff never works out for me!

We were out there pretty much every-other-weekend prior to New Years thru Spring Break. One trip I drove home on a Monday and headed back out that same Friday. LOL! Probably should have dropped the trailer somewhere out there to give the truck a tow break and save some cash on fuel. Oh, well. It was an epic season! One we will be talking about for a long, long time!!!!!
I've always enjoyed riding in the Black Hills. Haven't done it for years but need to again.

wisco-mb

Great pics from all! We had a great year!
My kid probably put on at least 150 miles on his 120. That is no joke. There was multiple weekends where we went to the back field, and we would ride around for hours. I had over 30 miles on my sled days at a time. And he had more since my wife would take hers out.
If anyone is ever driving on I39 North, 2 miles north of Portage, there's a field on the eastside. That's our tracks!

We got up to Marquette/Big Bay for our first time. Got to do some off trail fun on the forest roads up there.

Attachments

• bald.PNG
    bald.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • big bay.PNG
    big bay.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • big bay1.PNG
    big bay1.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • dek 3.PNG
    dek 3.PNG