Things to do at Telemark Lodge in Cable, WI

We're headed up July 5th through July 9th. Never been there before. We are big into walking/hiking and also I hear there is a golf course nearby that I plan to check out. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

oldguy

Rent a pontoon at Lakewoods Resort on Lake Namakagon. It’s only a few miles drive from Telemark. Namakagon is great lake, around 3000 acres with lots of great places to eat and have a beer.

yamahauler

Or canoe the Namakagon. You can even tube it if you want. They run the fat tire bike race through the Chequamegon National Forest which I am sure you can hike a lot of that as well. It ends right at the telemark resort. I thought that place closed down, but must of reopened I see. I am sure you could rent a mountain bike or bring yours with. Make sure to stroll around Hayward. They have an awesome candy shop where they make a ton of candies. In Hayward, you can check out the lumberjack show. http://scheerslumberjackshow.com/hayward-wi-lumberjack-show.html This show from what I remember is a lot more things than just the traveling shows that pop up in towns. I love the jacked up power saws that take about 2 seconds for one pass through 24" log. Oh yea, and they sound like race sleds with the mufflers they use. They use to have a lumberjack camp to go through and then you could eat a lumberjack type of meal which means a TON of food. I remember the donuts getting served with the meal were huge. Anyway, just a few ideas.

matti

There is a golf course right at Telemark Resort that is quite nice. Lakewoods Resort, just a few miles east of Telemark, also has a golf course (I've seen it, but have not golfed there). There is a lot of hiking in the area, but I'm not sure how many of the trails on Telemark's property have been maintained. The big trail in the area is the Birkie Trail; this has recently been mowed and should be pretty good for hiking.

There is a lot to do in Hayward, which is about 20 miles south. Someone already mentioned the lumberjack shows - these are very fun. In addition to more golf courses, there is also the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward. Coops Pizza in Hayward is great!