This blows....

reifer77

Well our trip out to Wyoming is starting to fall apart. One guy is out with a broken leg, and one guy bailed yesterday. So that leaves the two of us with open spots in the truck and on the trailer. A large cabin rented thats too pricey for only two. So....... Anyone want to go to Albany Wyoming to ride in some kick *** snow????? Leaving Tuesday from the Chicago burbs and returning Sunday.

that sucks to hear. we are leaving friday night to centennial from bloomingdale. we had 1 guy bail aswell. what kind of yamaha you ride? i just got a nytro mtx that i haven't ridden yet. good luck

yamadude

2010 Nytro XTX and I love it. My first 4 stroke. Just put a 1.75 back country track on for this trip. Should be a good time. How many in your group? How long you staying out there?

Last edited:

sms

Hey Guys,
Going to be riding this Mon-thurs in snowies. Staying at Mountian meadow cabins. IF you guys want to hook up and ride we will be riding a 2010 M8, 2009 HCR, 2009 ski doo hillclimb.
Cant wait,
Sam

chrisbristow

yamadude, we've had excellent customer service in the past from Albany Lodge. We had a similar situation and they let us switch to a motel room instead of the cabin. If you can't fill it you may want to run it by them about switching.

Like I said in the other thread we are staying at a private cabin next week also but only because one of our riders gets us in for free.

skeedoo

Yamadude,
I think I can take up one of your spots. I was planning a trip the first week of March anyway to ride with some buddies from Colorado but would be willing to change that to do something different, I'm up for change. I just got back from CO a couple weeks ago and had unbelievable conditions so I have been looking forward to heading back out west as soon as possible. If you are still in need give me a shout. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana but could meet you wherever would be on your way west. Chris Walker / 317-727-8432

yamadude

Chris, we will be figuring out the trip today (Sat) so i will call you with the details. Now we have one friend that is a 'maybe'. So I will get confirmation from him and try and figure this whole thing out.
-Joe

yamadude

The trip was great! The conditions were good, clear for two days, snowed the other two. We got about 18" of fresh powder to play in for sat. Posted some pics in guest shots.

skeedoo

In my opinion the trip was perfect (I hooked up with "Yamadude" and "Walldoo" from the JD site and we went out together without ever meeting before, thanks John Dee!!! We had set-up snow the first 2 days and freshy, freshy the last 2 days. Even on the first 2 days we could find plenty of powder in the tree's but anything open was tracked up like crazy. I call this kind of condition ,"Hero Snow" because you can go anywhere and climb anything which we did - also you can get alot of good stuff on the GPS for when conditions are perfect.
Well I said the "trip was perfect" in the first sentence but I keep forgetting I trashed my sled on day 2. A rock that was sticking out of the snow only about 2 inches (you can see the whole event on my helmet cam) ended up not being a good thing. I smoked it at about 30 mph with my right ski and it trashed my sled. Bent up and broke some pretty serious parts and sent my 10" risers and handlebars right into my adam's apple and throat, sucked!! Rode the thing out and as soon as I could get cell phone coverage I started to try and find a sled to rent for the last 2 days. The days I needed a sled were Friday and Saturday so obviously at short notice nothing was available. This is when my luck turned around quick and the lodge that we were staying at showed that they may be the best place to stay for sledding in the U.S. The place is called the "Old Coral" in Centennial, WY and the owners son (Brian the manager, his family bought the place a month ago) offered to rent me his personal sled, a Summit 154" 800R with only 800 miles that was totally set up for the mountains and he even had the sway bar off so it was as good as it gets for a small guy like me to throw around. Sled rentals in the area are $225-270 per day and Brian rented me his sled for $150 on day one and $100 on our last day because we planned on only riding until 2:00, which when you start at 8:00 am it was a pretty good full day. I am happy to have had a 154 summit for he last 2 days because this is when the snows came. It snowed hard Friday and Saturday and it piled up between 1-2 feet of snow depending on the elevation and with the winds the drift jumping was killer. Brian told me I could have fun on his sled so I did, I rode it like I stole it and set the "Highmark" on most of the climbs and was able to do anything. I'm 40 years old and weigh about 145 pounds so a 154" with 2.5" paddle's and an 800 is like having a 163" turbo sled for a big guy or gal. I say gal because there are some chicks out west that will smoke anyone when it comes to riding. The sled I trashed (it is fixable and already at my mechanic's house getting torn apart) is an '09 Renegade 137" w/ 1.75" track, summit ski stance and other mods for mountain riding and I am spring checking a summit 154" with 800 E-tec so it was nice to test ride before I buy (even though the 2011 summits have changed alot over previous years). Wow, I'm quite long winded today!!
Anyway all in all this trip will go down as one of the best snowmobile trips I have ever taken and want to thanks John Dee again for having this site to meet new people and make my sledding experience all that much more memorable. As you will see when I post some pics meeting people came easy. On day one we met some guys from Illinois that frequent John Dee's site and rode some with them, awesome dudes. On the morning of day 2 we met up with Tony who was from Iowa, drove out by himself and was just looking for someone to ride with when he found us - ended up riding with us the rest of the trip and on day 3 we hooked up with "Highmarker" from Dootalk.com who is a local from around the area and he showed us some kick *** stuff. He also brought his buddy Ely who gave us a great show when he launched his sled into a 10 foot deep "Meadow Hole" and tore it up but was able to ride out very sore I might add. Guys (and Gals) it was a sweet trip. If you are ever thinking about going west with or without your normal riding group, JUST DO IT... You only live once!!
Thanks again to everyone on this site for helping make this years sled season the most memorable yet!!!

P.S. - Yamadude has posted some pics in Guestshots under "Snowy's Trip"

Last edited: