This is why I love the northwoods

stitcher

A couple of weeks ago my wife & another couple were headed up to UP for a few of days of riding. Unfortunately the water pump in my truck decided to puke an hour & a half from our destination. This was Sunday morning, as soon as I pulled over a gentleman who was familiar with the area pulled up behind me - I can't say enough about the guy. He had personal cell phone numbers for a tow truck & a repair shop - he called them & told them what the situation was. We had a tow truck within an hour and a mechanic that could fix my truck on Monday morning. Granted I lost some riding time, but I'd give give that up any day knowing there are people out there like this.
As long as I'm at it a couple of other things I'm thankful for:
- the Man upstairs
- my wife & kids who "understand" why I start the brand new (first new one!!) Ski Doo 2 stroke sled just to smell it
- my boss who sees the look in my eyes when there's snow within 4 hours driving time & says GO!
- msrunningbear & Running Bear Resort
- John Dee
- The super people I meet on the trails

Sorry for rambling, but thank you. By the way had a great time riding!

D

Deleted member 10829

What a great attitude! It would have been easy to get very negative and let this ruin your trip but you made the best of it. It's great to hear there are good people out there willing to help, but just by reading your post, I feel without a doubt, you are one of those good people!

stitcher

What a great attitude! It would have been easy to get very negative and let this ruin your trip but you made the best of it. It's great to hear there are good people out there willing to help, but just by reading your post, I feel without a doubt, you are one of those good people!

Thank you - hopefully I can return the favor some day