Thunderbowl MI

Looking at getting into off trail riding. Found this place on google maps in Schoolcraft county. Reviews state they allow snowmobiles. Anyone ever been? Experience?

buddah2

Yeah, you'll be slightly disappointed...it really is no big deal...it was a ski area, as I understand it, back quite a few decades ago...it's basically just a big hole in the ground...there's several "ramps" where you can climb each side...it's kinda fun to do it once, just to say you've been there but those of us that live close (12 mi in my case) get kind of jaded...if you're in the area you will want to check out Big Spring...that's only maybe 15 or so mi by trail/road from the Thunderbowl...there's really not much else in the area

Yeah, you'll be slightly disappointed...it really is no big deal...it was a ski area, as I understand it, back quite a few decades ago...it's basically just a big hole in the ground...there's several "ramps" where you can climb each side...it's kinda fun to do it once, just to say you've been there but those of us that live close (12 mi in my case) get kind of jaded...if you're in the area you will want to check out Big Spring...that's only maybe 15 or so mi by trail/road from the Thunderbowl...there's really not much else in the area
“Big spring”, are you referring to Kitch-iti-kipi