Tire Recommendations - F350

moose822

Any recommendations for tires you have been happy with in winter conditions while towing? It is time to replace the tires and thought I would see what everyone else thought. Currently have Goodyear Wranglers ( Stock Tires ) on the 2018 F-350 gasser and am not unhappy with them but if there is something better I would give it a try.

x-ride

Cooper discoverer AT3's. My last set on my 2015 F250 towing a 29ft inline enclosed trailer, made it to 65k before replacing them, current set have 22k on them and still look new, they seem to last a long time on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, handle well in the snow also.

euphoric1

IMO... hands down Goodyear Dura-trac, I plow with my truck, lives most of its life with shop trailer behind it besides on occasion pulling a 27' enclosed steel v nose trailer. Mine is a Diesel 1 ton and it is tough on tires, tried many others, they came highly recommended and haven't gone back since

mezz

Bridgestone Duellers or Firestone AT, Both are also very good, I've had excellent service from both & living here in the UP where our winters can be long & harsh, they have proven themselves to me. Price point is proper on each as well, at least they were.

mrbb

I will just add this, I used to have great luck with cooper tires, owned many sets of there discover AT3
however, the last 4 sets have sucked
2016 ram 2500 diesel
first set got less than 22k out of them and bald, they replaced under warranty with the new AT3'XL s that have the side wall like thread to them, they wouldn;t balance for crap, shook truck like mad, COOPER tire got involved, first making me do several tire balancing at other shops, then had to PROVE with having front end alignments done at MY costs(3 in all at different shops, plus dealer) then had to have deal go over truck and state all was in spec
they replaced tires with new set, these were no better! still wouldn;t balance
so they swapped them for another set from another location(warehouse different part of state??) 3 of them DID balance, but one wouldn;t, had to get a new tire again to get that to balance and even then still have slight vibration on them!
and this whole ordeal took 6 months of going back and forth and to different shops and dealers!, and a bunch of out iof pocket $$ on my parts!, I was NOT a happy camper with the purchase of them at all,as I have been in the past!, they DID stand up and replace, but it wasn't cheap or easy dealings!

I now have about 24,000 mils on them now and at about 40% thread left if that!, hoping to make it to about 40 but doubt I will LOL
!
they DO handle well in snow and on wet dry roads, ride well, so not just a bash , just saying my experience lately with them, but I will not be buying again, too much work to get them to balance for me and the mileage isn;t the best on life IMO!
something MUST have changed at there company in quality IMO<
I also will not be buying any Firestone tires, , had 4 sets in a row TRYING to work with them, and never got more than 20K out of there destination AT's, and trust me I wanted to use them, friend works for them and gets them half price, but getting 15-18k out of tires even at half price, sucks having to replace so often! LOL

my next tires will be either Hankook or Falken

snoden

Like you I was not unhappy with the Goodyear Wranglers on my 2017 F-250 Diesel. I just replaced them last week, they had 45,000 miles on them and still had tread life, over 1/8" left to go. So I opted to do another set of Goodyear wranglers.

heckler56

I ran Firestones on my F350 diesels and Excursions. Usually saw more than 60k miles before the tread was sketchy in the winter.
Whatever you get, check the build date on the tires before they put them on. I have seen some already a year old.

Tuck

Copper has been good to me on our work trucks for the last 10 yrs. 2 years ago my tire guy said its been a 50/50 gamble on them, some are good some are bad. Just what he had been seeing out of his shop. So I tried a set of Yokohama geolanders out and and so far so good, got over 60k on. As for the Goodyear Wrangles I have never had long life out them, and the road noise was terrible. tires ran on F150s, F250s gas and diesel, 3500 GMC. they all see mud, snow, rain, construction sites and pull trailers, 14k dump, skid, utility and 22 ft box

legend02

I’m currently shopping for tires for my F250, I have a little over 60,000 miles on the Michelin‘s that came with it, i’ve been stuck a few times with the truck because it’s not that aggressive of a tire I was thinking about going with Cooper’s also , I ran them on my F150 before and we’re very happy with him.

Pricewise there’s not much difference between those and the Michelin’s definitely will need to get them before our annual Christmas trip

600_RMK_144

Tirerack.com is a great online resource (even if you don't buy from them). Tons of reviews and side-by-side data comparing the different tires. I went with General ATXs on my f150 recently. They don't get much love, but rate the highest in nearly every category and are also some of the cheapest. The others I was considering were the Falcon Wildpeaks. Both are very good tires!

wfd123

Any recommendations for tires you have been happy with in winter conditions while towing? It is time to replace the tires and thought I would see what everyone else thought. Currently have Goodyear Wranglers ( Stock Tires ) on the 2018 F-350 gasser and am not unhappy with them but if there is something better I would give it a try.
Michlein Defender LTX MS Load range E
Have gone through 2 sets. You will pay more but excellent all around tire. The siping in the tread and the compound really makes them bite. Made in USA

mrbb

just a heads up, on the goodyear Duratracs, they make the exact SAME tire/size and some are SNOW rated and some are NOT
if you look on there web site you will find this info

so if you DO buy them, make sure you get the one's that are snow rated!

euphoric1

How loud are the Duratracs on the highway? They look like they would be loud as hell.
They are not at all...however...if you do not rotate them (as you should) (like im very guilty of) the steering tires will get chopped and then yes they become noisy after a while. Outside of that they are a quiet tire and have outstanding traction and by far the longest lasting tire I have tried on a diesel truck 3/4 and 1 ton. FYI... the absolute worst tire I have ever tried on my trucks before Dura-Trac Dunlop... don't waste your money (on truck tires anyways)

old abe

Cooper discoverer AT3's. My last set on my 2015 F250 towing a 29ft inline enclosed trailer, made it to 65k before replacing them, current set have 22k on them and still look new, they seem to last a long time on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, handle well in the snow also.
If your going to tow, or haul anything heavy, stay away from Cooper Whop Whop's. Too many failures, not what the tires they used to be. Many are produced in China.

x-ride

If your going to tow, or haul anything heavy, stay away from Cooper Whop Whop's. Too many failures, not what the tires they used to be. Many are produced in China.
Just stating what I have had good luck with on my rig. yes, tire rotation is key, every oil change 4k miles.

chunk06

I will also never buy a Cooper again. Last set of AT3's that i had were death traps on snow or ice after the first 25% of their tread life. On BFG All Terrain now and they are twice the tire the Coopers were. I hear good things about Falken Wildpeaks but have never owned them. I liked my Duratracs that i had on my last truck, but will not be supporting Goodyear anytime soon.