Tire Recommendations - F350

goofy600

I will also never buy a Cooper again. Last set of AT3's that i had were death traps on snow or ice after the first 25% of their tread life. On BFG All Terrain now and they are twice the tire the Coopers were. I hear good things about Falken Wildpeaks but have never owned them. I liked my Duratracs that i had on my last truck, but will not be supporting Goodyear anytime soon.
Why? What did they do just curious?

moose822

I will also never buy a Cooper again. Last set of AT3's that i had were death traps on snow or ice after the first 25% of their tread life. On BFG All Terrain now and they are twice the tire the Coopers were. I hear good things about Falken Wildpeaks but have never owned them. I liked my Duratracs that i had on my last truck, but will not be supporting Goodyear anytime soon.
Why are you not supporting Goodyear? What did I miss?

pclark

I have a Chevy Tahoe, no off road for me, but General Grabber HTS60 have performed very well for me. These ride smooth on the highway and made many trips to the Northwoods through all types of weather, they really pull true through snow, no matter how deep it is. Great price at Big Bear Tire in Oconomowoc, WI if you live near there, won't find better pricing on tires, ask for Marty or John.

4doorsmorewhores

I have a Chevy Tahoe, no off road for me, but General Grabber HTS60 have performed very well for me. These ride smooth on the highway and made many trips to the Northwoods through all types of weather, they really pull true through snow, no matter how deep it is. Great price at Big Bear Tire in Oconomowoc, WI if you live near there, won't find better pricing on tires, ask for Marty or John.
I managed to burn through a set of those in 20k. They looked really good but were noisy as hell and just didn’t last. Again though, they were on a diesel and I tend to be a bit aggressive on the pedal……

Sweep800

Currently sitting in waiting area getting the Duratracs off my truck (2020 AT4 diesel 3.0)
Only 33k miles on them, couldn’t take the noise any longer. They probably have a little over half the tread left. Pains me to do it but at 28-31 mph a loud growling noise then again at 51-58 mph a higher pitched howl. Putting on Bridgestone Revo 3’s had them on my last truck and had good luck with them . Definitely wouldn’t recommend Goodyear Duratrac. (Yes I rotated them every oil change) definitely like the look of the Goodyears but couldn’t stand the noise.

mrbb

you know, its so funny how so many folks get so much difference in miles on tires of the same model, after decades of driving all types of vehicles, I'm at the point I swear the tires being made are all of different quality as they roll out the door, its like pick of the litter, you either get good one's or you don't LOL
but then again, I have never had ANY tire yet last me top 50k on any vehicle!
have to think a big part of tire wear has to do with where you live and drive, and not just brand of tire
same reason some folks with "X" vehicle get "X" mpg's and others don;'t!
more variables in things than just make and model!

Sweep800

A guy once told me long time ago not to buy Goodyear cause they are only “Good for one year” lol (exactly how long I had them!)

ICT Sledder

The Duratracs are factory fitment on my F350 Tremor, but it's not even a year old and only has 13K on it so far. They do seem to be getting louder, but that's the only negative I'd point out thus far. They're supposed to be killer in the ice and snow for an AT tire. Eager to see this winter if that's true. Got the truck in late February, so didn't really get to test it much. Had one trip to the UP just a week after getting it, but it was dry the whole way up and back.

If you want a AT truck tire that wears like iron go with the BFG AT TA's - the real ones, not the various other tires BFG slaps the TA on the end of the name. Price is a little rough, but they're kind of the gold standard.

Sweep800

started getting noisy around 25k then just got unbearable at 33k. Everything else about the tire was awesome. Traction was great in the snow, have a place in SG so was there quite a bit last winter.

legend02

I replaced the tires today on my F250 were Michelin LT with 61,000 came on the truck when I bought it

Went with Michelin Defender LTX

Will be a while before I know how they are.