Tires?

Sweep800

I need to put tires on my 04 Yukon XL I've been hearing that General Grabber HTS is a pretty good tire at a reasonable price. I put Bridgestone Revo 2's on last time and they didn't seem to last very long and were kinda pricey. Not looking to break the bank here just want a good safe tire.
Any thoughts?

misty_pines

I have the General Grabber HTS tires on my two SUVs and really like them. Quiet and smooth ride and great dry, rain and snow traction. It looks like I will get about 50,000 to 55,000 miles on the set I have on my larger SUVs which is pretty average, but I will be getting these tires again based on how much I have liked them.

tundra ron

I have Michelin LTX s on my Toyota Tundra there is 70000 miles on them they have tread on them but traction is terrible now on them. They over 1000 dollars to replace them. I got quote of 637 for a set of cooper tires at discount tire. Going to get a set after the holidays

L

lenny

Mastercraft courser ct

Attachments

• BIG RED 001.jpg
    BIG RED 001.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 58

ragex2

doodad is right on. ive had a couple sets of coopers and really liked them. great snow traction, not noisy on the highway. i have michilin now only cuz i traded in goodyears when truck was new. they are good too but not better than the coopers i had, and much more $$.. watch for 'buy three, get one free' sale at fleet farm.

catalac

doodad is right on. ive had a couple sets of coopers and really liked them. great snow traction, not noisy on the highway. i have michilin now only cuz i traded in goodyears when truck was new. they are good too but not better than the coopers i had, and much more $$.. watch for 'buy three, get one free' sale at fleet farm.
Thats the way I bought the Coopers for my wifes Trailblazer. She loves em.

snocrazy

I did a lot of research before I bought my last set of tires for the tahoe.

BF Goodwrinch All terrain TA KO (D load rating)

Kind of expensive @ around 250$ per but they last a good 70,000 miles. Any one that ha sever had these tires on a truck speaks very highly of them. Never heard any thing bad. Very little tire noise but never enough to bother me. It is so minimal. Not like mudder tires. I put a lot of highwa miles on between Chicago area and UP. I have 40,000 miles on the current set and they look like new still.

Just bought 8 Cooper tires (Discoverer A/T3) today from Farm and Fleet they had a deal going that was buy 3 get the 4th free. I needed 6 because its a dually. I figured I was only one tire away from the second free tire so I ended up with 8 215/85/16 load range E tires installed balanced With free rotation and rebalance balance for $1140.

That was the same price I was quoted for 6 firestone Transforce HT.

I hope they hold up

snowmobiler

i had goodyear dura tracks on my 2wd f150 and they were great in snow could follow alot of buddies with 4x4 trucks off road in fields and ditches with them in snow.wergood tires wet dry snow,i had load range d. but they have gone up in price now. i sold that truck and got a f250 4x4 diesel and have cooper stmaxx tires they are aggressive, min noise, great dry and wet traction. i only got 1000 miles on them and i live in ILL and the one day we had some ice and half inch of snow other day i didnt spin unless i tryed.there load range E and i paid 780 for 55,000 mile tire. also heard those cooper at3 are nice tire too and little bit cheaper then stmaxx

Last edited:

Sweep800

Thanks guys, Didn't want to spend to much as I'm thinking of getting rid of it soon. I will research your suggestions. Let it snow!!(soon please)

knobrega

P265 70r17 $200

4 tires, great shape. Yokahama Geolander at-s. $200 - Far beats Tire Warehouse or Discount Tire!

Kevin

tomxc700

I got the Cooper AT3's three days after they came out on the market this spring. I put them on my GMC 2500 and so far they have been great in the rain, hauling 10,000+ lbs loads, sand, mud, and the little bit of snow that we had. I have prob 15,000 miles on them hauling the boat and 5th wheel alot and they don't look as if they have worn a bit.

I guess that I will be the first one to say that the BFG all terrains are probably one of the worst tires I ever bought. I had them on a zr2 s10 and they wore out way to quickly. I went through 2 sets of them in 55,000 miles, and always had an alignment done when I bought them, and rotations every oil change. Don't try to off road with them in over 8 inches of snow or you will get stuck, they load up with snow and are like slicks. They also like to pick up big rock's, and will cause you to get BIG chips and dings in your rockers and door bottom's when you get up to speed and they let loose. The one good thing I can say about them is that they look good on a truck, but I will never buy another set of them. Now the mud terrains are a different story they are a great tire.

Do not buy TOYO open country's if you plan to drive in over half an inch of snow. They straight up suck!!!!!

I have had good luck with cooper tires.And here is something else for some to keep in mind if looking for a decent tire priced a little cheaper the roadrunner tires that fleet farm sales is made by Cooper.

snowmobiler

I got the Cooper AT3's three days after they came out on the market this spring. I put them on my GMC 2500 and so far they have been great in the rain, hauling 10,000+ lbs loads, sand, mud, and the little bit of snow that we had. I have prob 15,000 miles on them hauling the boat and 5th wheel alot and they don't look as if they have worn a bit.

I guess that I will be the first one to say that the BFG all terrains are probably one of the worst tires I ever bought. I had them on a zr2 s10 and they wore out way to quickly. I went through 2 sets of them in 55,000 miles, and always had an alignment done when I bought them, and rotations every oil change. Don't try to off road with them in over 8 inches of snow or you will get stuck, they load up with snow and are like slicks. They also like to pick up big rock's, and will cause you to get BIG chips and dings in your rockers and door bottom's when you get up to speed and they let loose. The one good thing I can say about them is that they look good on a truck, but I will never buy another set of them. Now the mud terrains are a different story they are a great tire.

Do not buy TOYO open country's if you plan to drive in over half an inch of snow. They straight up suck!!!!!

i would agree on that about bfg and snow, also there rock throwing.

Copper tire. No way. They have a lock out in Findlay Ohio on their workers right now and have purchased a couple of rubber plants over seas. Findlay may just loose a very large man. plant. That will hurt extemely bad to the community and surrounding areas. They want the workers to keep taking pay cuts after pay cuts. When is enough, enough