TML? Anybody Been to Thunder Mountain Lodge in Colrado?

willey

Just looking for some input on TML! Looks to be a pretty nice place with some great riding. Anybody rode there?

I mean COLORADO! my bad.

fgsacts

Have not been there myself but Mike Duffy (Avalanche instructor) speaks highly of it. It is on my list of places to eventually check out.

blutooth

give 'em a call I think the guy that opened it moved out there from Wisconsin. I elk hunted on the Grand Mesa a couple years ago and have been back to Grand Junction a couple times since. If I were ever to leave Wisconsin, Grand Junction would be the top of my list.

Year round: 2 hours from Moab and the desert and dirt riding and 60 degree weather
6 months: 2-4 hours to tons of snowmobile spots (including Wolf Creek which is getting all the snow for the continental US right now!)

Also has a very different attitude from Eastern Colorado. Let's just say more inviting and it doesn't cost $500,000 to buy a decent house...

willey

I was at Mikes Class in Stillwater a couple weeks back and he did recommend the place thats why I asked if anyone had been. Looks like the Drive is comprable to going to Togwotee or IP. My Father was considering moving to the Mesa area a few years back but ended up Northwest of Brainerd insted. I am gonna have to put TML on my list!

I have always liked to western slope in Colorado. Only been there in the summer. Whats the job market like out there?

cuzzinolaf

You can leave your sleds there and fly in and out to ride. Definitely something a few of us have talked about for next season since the UP has had 3 bad ones (so far) in a row.

snorider075

We use to ride the U.P and now keep our sleds out there at TML. Fly into montrose or grand junction airport. They will pick you up and drive up to the lodge. Awesome country up that way. Low on snow 4-5feet. That will change in a day with a dumping. Weather is very unpredictable. For sure try this place out. Let him know snorider075 sent you!

datdude

I met the owner at the Milwaukee Snow Show. He was a really cool guy and it sounds like an awesome place. We did a trip to Alpine, WY this year already or I would be headed to TML. Let us know if you go