Todays Ride

pclark

Departed Manitowish Waters around 9:30am and temp was 8 degrees above, rode the secret trails north to Pine Lake, and took 8 west to Upson, north to Saxon, lunch in Saxon, up to Saxon Harbor, Lake Superior was angry and iced over, wind blowing hard across the lake. Back down #9 and weaved our way back to Pine lake and east onto the secret trails again, so sweet, running low on gas so pulled into Mercer around 5pm and filled up, plenty of activity in Mercer as the 3 day weekend was just starting for many. I was glad my day was coming to the close and we rode the last 20 miles home and ended the day with 178 miles, trails were very good for the most part and we found the NW part of Iron County not heavily ridden today. All done for the week with 768 sweet miles on books. Hope everyone has a great weekend and stays safe, enjoy the great trails while you can!
1675397334375.png

timo

What kinda storage set up is that on the back? I'm needing in need of one and don't feel like dropping $200+ on linq.

pclark

What kinda storage set up is that on the back? I'm needing in need of one and don't feel like dropping $200+ on linq.
I have a hard plastic Ammo case and I purchased the Linq rack from Ski doo for $133.00 at the dealer in Woodruff. I then bolted the ammo case to it and it holds everything I need. I think I have about $180.00 with Linq hardware in it total, not including the ammo case which I had. I like it because it's hard plastic and has a waterproof seal on it. I can take it on and off in 10 seconds and i bring it in every night. (See pics below)

The Linq bags are soft side material and you really have to spend around $350 to get a decent size one as you know. I have found buying from dealer as they have better prices, from my experience.

1675442024064.png
1675442070942.png
1675442101150.png

timo

Ya i Figured you have the linq mounting hardware to secure it,,, that was what i was wondering.
I'm going to look into this. I saw a guy last weekend who had something like this but it was ratchet strapped down,,, i was like naw.
Don't think I'll be packing any Dawn soap tho,,, but I digress. :)
Thanks.

Tuck

great idea but I will ask about the dawn soap? serious trail picnics or some unknown use to me of it for a sled....

pclark

Ya i Figured you have the linq mounting hardware to secure it,,, that was what i was wondering.
I'm going to look into this. I saw a guy last weekend who had something like this but it was ratchet strapped down,,, i was like naw.
Don't think I'll be packing any Dawn soap tho,,, but I digress. :)
Thanks.
Ratchet straps weren't in my plan either. I like to get my dishes done on the trail...........just kidding, it's a small bottle of anti-freeze. I like to be prepared on the trail!
great idea but I will ask about the dawn soap? serious trail picnics or some unknown use to me of it for a sled....
i figured I would get questioned about that! Yep, it's coolant, better to be safe than sorry!

pclark

Perfect set up pclark:D. I see you're packing a hammer in case of the "hammer heads" out there, eh! :LOL:
I don't pack a firearm, maybe I should, so a hammer will have to do. I was thinking about the stuff I have in my trail case and you really aren't going to do much work on that sled, change a belt, fuse, tow someone, tape something, jump start my sled if the battery dies, adjust suspension/track, etc. I carry a little of everything in that case, even firestarters in case I get stuck somewhere and need heat. I never worry about getting stuck in the woods, I'm covered. I might buy that LINQ gas can and attach it behind my case, next year purchase.

old abe

S
I don't pack a firearm, maybe I should, so a hammer will have to do. I was thinking about the stuff I have in my trail case and you really aren't going to do much work on that sled, change a belt, fuse, tow someone, tape something, jump start my sled if the battery dies, adjust suspension/track, etc. I carry a little of everything in that case, even firestarters in case I get stuck somewhere and need heat. I never worry about getting stuck in the woods, I'm covered. I might buy that LINQ gas can and attach it behind my case, next year purchase.
Sounds about the same as what I carry with me. I have a small pocket size Schumacher jump pack I carry with also. Amazingly, I've even used it on my full size pickup. No rope starting a 4-stroke sled. I also have the LINQ gas caddy for both Renegades. They are made to fit, no jockeying around. I'm just a old school Boy Scout, be prepared. I surely enjoy your Riding Reports, as I'm out of business for this year. Thanks!.

whitedust

Carry pretty much same stuff have shovel and handsaw. Jumpers too unless alone then power pak goes in too. Bottle of power aid I’m good to go.