Togwotee trip Feb 6-9. Conditions report???

pkairis

What are conditions like? I know its been warm, but please tell me it's deep.
First father-son trip coming up.

fireworks

Friends of ours are out there till next Wed-Thursday. Riding Tog and Alpine. Will update post once I hear from them. The weather on some sites are calling for up to 21" Mon thru Wed. and another 8" Friday Saturday of next week. Other sites forecast warm temps and rain. Long way off and sure it will change. At this point rain/snow it is moisture in the forecast. We are rolling the dice and putting our money on snow. We will be out there Feb 6-16.

fireworks

pkairis- I replied to your pm. The boys had fun up at Tog. They are in Alpine right now. The storm is socked in over Box Y. They got 5" in the valley. Should be interesting to hear what they have up top. If the storm does pan out up at Tog they are extending their trip and heading back to Tog Wed night. Keep your reservations and go have fun.

pkairis

Thanks. I thought cancellation was 72 hrs, but its actually 14 days. Not sure where I saw 72 hrs. Between Tog change fees and flight change fees, we need to keep trip as planned. Flying out Friday. Hopefully they get all the snow that's predicted. Spoke to someone at the lodge, and he said the meadows got warm and settled, but it was still good in the trees. BRING ON THE SNOW!

fireworks

...Winter Storm Warning in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to 11 am MST Wednesday...

The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow...which is in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to 11 am MST Wednesday. The Winter Weather Advisory is no longer in effect.

* Summary and timing...snowfall will increase in intensity this evening...becoming heavy at times tonight and Tuesday morning...then again late Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday morning.

* Snow accumulations...between 18 and 22 inches in The Tetons and 10 to 16 inches in the Gros Ventre Range by Wednesday morning.

lody1190

just got back from togwotee sunday, Snow was set up and very tracked up. But our guide got us into good snow both days of riding. It was well worth it, and if they get some fresh you will be in heaven! Hope you have a good time, and show some pictures when you get back!!!