Togwotee trip March 1st through the 6th

doospunk

I should start by saying what a blast this trip was! (But what a long drive! haha) Had the opportunity to meet some fellow JD'ers, and do some amazing riding on all sorts of different terrain throughout the week. We had a top notch guide in Nate, and a great group of riders. Dave, Erik, Skylar and his brother Kim. Josh, John, Tim and Jason from IL., and Bruce along with his boy CJ (from Wakefield MI?) The conditions could have been a bit better, but allowed for some riding we typically would not have done with hood deep powder. All in all, it was a great week with no casualties, but many close calls and laughs. I can definately see another trip out there in my future. Lot's of pics to sort through, so I'll just start posting them in chronilogical order.

doospunk

argghh. Let's try this again.

This pic was taken about an hour to hour and a half before arriving at the lodge. (I started to wonder if we took a wrong turn somewhere.)
106825.jpg

Wait a second!! I see snow!
106826.jpg

Getting deeper
106827.jpg

This was our meeting point each morning before heading out. THis pic was taken on Sunday, before our first full day of riding.
106828.jpg

Our Guide Nate.
106829.jpg

Not long into the first days ride, Kimmer decided to try and highmark Nate, and pulled the first stuck of the day! It's very true, when everyone states that pictures do these hills no justice!
106830.jpg

Hey Skylar! What's with that poo in da tree?
106831.jpg

Hey Skylar! What's with that poo next to da tree again? haha. This was the first of about 3 or 4 stucks in this particular hole. the hole was filled with runnoff water, and beyond that, another 50 yards, our fearless guide Nate was dealing with another water hole we had to get past! I think Skylar summed it up in his thread. This spot took us about a good hour to hour and a half to get past.
106832.jpg

View from top of a climb
106833.jpg

Same spot, looking down on the hill we just climbed. See the 4 little peeps at the bottom?
106834.jpg

One of many play spots Nate brought us to.
106835.jpg

Our guide Nate stuck his sled good on this one, with score of 8 out of 10 for dismount!
106836.jpg

Breaktime
106837.jpg

The muffpot monster. (Again!)
106838.jpg

That's enough editing and pic posting for one night. I'll continue with the rest of the week later.

kevisip

Sounds like you guys really had sum fun...
But while you guys were out ridin today, we mid-westerns talked about, lack of snow, how to make potatoe chips, why people cant stay to the right, if we should use garlic with our deep fried potatoe chips, ducks getting ranned over by unforgiving snowmobilers, snowmobilers running over the silley brush that never grows to the top of the summit, DONT FOR GET THE hot chic who is accussed of Tresspassing over the dottee line....and the rest of our collapsing winter season...HMMMM, summer IZ coming..we must be stressed....Time 4 beer and BBQs I quess.

doospunk

kev - Yup, it was a good time.
Sam - MI was ok, but dset up like cement last Friday, then mush on Saturday with the warm-up. That's about all she wrote for me on this season.
Yamahachick - It's an experience like no other. Endless meadows, hills, trees, etc.

Here's a few more of Monday and Tuesday

Here's Skylar bustin out the shovel on the hill his sled almost made a ghost ride down. It took a while to get it under control, but he and Nate were able to pull it off. I and Kim on the otherhand were dealing with our own stucks just above him.
106876.jpg

106877.jpg

106878.jpg

This wasn't the longest hill we played on, but definately one of the steepest runs all week. Our guide Nate hit it first. We came up and over on the far left side of the picture. The track you see between the two hills is Nate's track coming back down after no one else had followed him the initial time. We were all hesitant with the exception of Josh and CJ who tried it right off the bat, but had to turn out. After watching them a couple times, I decided to hit it, and wouldn't you know........., the summit took me straight up w/o having to side hill and jig a bit!
106879.jpg

This was the view from up top.
106880.jpg

This playspot was completely untracked before we hit it.
106881.jpg

Here's Erik after helping Dave get unstuck and pointed back downhill
106882.jpg

Just a cool view
106883.jpg

Looking outside our cabin Tuesday morning.
106884.jpg

more to follow.......

ridindirty800

doospunk- sweet pics, and you are right that pics do no justice to how steep things are! I was just looking at mine and when you see the pic it looks like nothing, but when you are there whole different feeling!